Australian Holden/ Delco EFI hacking forum

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
JohnL

Australian Holden/ Delco EFI hacking forum

Post by JohnL »

This forum is a really good resource for hardware and software to reprogram or just datalog GM Delco EFI system. The Delcos covered on this forum are mostly 1988 to 2002(? pre Alloytech and non-LSX).

http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/

The learning curve on this stuff is pretty steep, but most guys who can use a PC, know how to tune a carb/ dizzy engine and have basic car skills can learn to do EFI tuning on Delcos. They are beautifully rational machines and very satisfying to work on.

You'll often see people saying they won't use the later electronic GM gearboxes (like the 4L60e in Commodores) because the aftermarket controllers are too expensive. If you learn to program Delcos, you can just use a $50 Commodore PCM and you're away, even if you want to use a carb or (pardon me) a distributor :lol: .

John
bc201081

Re: Australian Holden/ Delco EFI hacking forum

Post by bc201081 »

Very good site. quite a few people very knowlegable fella's on there who are more than happy to give advice. This was my main resorce for injecting my small block chrysler. The delco ecu is very under rated it will do every thing that a aftermarket ECU will do plus more and at a fraction of the price. The hardware to retune cost a couple hundred but once you have it you can retune as many Delcos as you want. The software is free and I've never paid more than $20 for a delco ECU. I recon my whole setup cost less than a reco carby.
Whippet2

Post by Whippet2 »

We will find out how easy these Delcos are to deal with, if Bc2??? can teach a dumb arse like me to under stand it then anyone can! We will have to get working on that twin centre point injection setup for my 351 soon!, need to finish the throttle linkages, and lockup the mechanical and Vacuum advance on the dizzy, plumb up the cusso for high pressure fuel lines and add a return line to tank, then call on little bro to set up the Delco to drive the twin EA falcon throttlebodies.
StreetRodBob

Post by StreetRodBob »

Thanks for that Link John, It will give me something do 8)
Regards

Bob Thomas
As for "greener" vehicles... when i were young when somebody said you were green they meant you were naive. Actually, its still the go me-thinks