chassis jig

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
jeffro

chassis jig

Post by jeffro »

hi all i am after information about building a chassis jig for a 39 .What I want to know is are there websites that have details on building one or does a member have some info that will allow me to construct one so I can begin some work on the chasis and what I should look out for getting it all level and square.
mgtstumpy
Old Hand

CHASSIS JIG

Post by mgtstumpy »

The heavier the better so you have no lateral or torsional twist. Some solid mounting at front and rear where bars bolt one and a couple of mountings along each rail should keep it level and square. Just need a tape measure, string line, level, magnetic base and a trammel bar to check your diagonals and lengths. :D 2"x2" RHS should be adequate. This are 35-41 chassis specs if it helps. :wink:
32V8

Post by 32V8 »

I built a 40 Ford jig, off the blueprint shown here. I also had a chassis that helped me get the jig right. To make the jig off the blueprint is not easy as it is almost impossible to get a measurement of how much the chassis rails rise as they go forward. This is where a good chassis comes in handy, it makes this dimension and where it rises apparent. You will be working off center line measurements and the dimensions are in inches and fractions, made me realize how much school maths had been forgotten. The other tricky bit is where the chassis starts to taper at the front, this took a long time to get right. If you can borrow a good 35/40 chassis, you will save a bunch of headaches, when you make your jig.

Purpleaa

Re: chassis jig

Post by Purpleaa »

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy or hire a 35-40 ford chassis jig , I live in Castlemaine Victoria and my contact number is 0408664088.
Regards Garry.