Early Falcon Honey pot

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Early Falcon Honey pot

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Does anyone have an early Falcon[60-65] shop manual that can be scanned for assembly of this item ? I have a replacement auto shift collar [US term] ,ours is honey pot and need to see the section with assembling the shift lever . The old unit was busted internally and amongst bits was some small steel blocks floating around in the area where a spring loaded plunger sits . This thing also was devoid of the detent plate sitting behind the turn signal housing ,that I have now sourced from the US . An exploded view of what should be would be handy ,before I assemble stuff in how I reckon it should be only to have to rip it apart should I be wrong .Image

You can see the housing on the right ,the large hole has a rod/piston with a small diameter spring and a large diameter , replacement collar came with a new roll pin for the lever and the larger diameter spring that is different to the original . The "metal blocks" are in the centre of the items
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: Early Falcon Honey pot

Post by rx4ord »

Have a look here Frank https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... EcypD6e3aU. A heap of exploded drawings you might be able
to copy and enlarge.
Good luck
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

I have a gennie Ford manual if you want to borrow it....
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks Col . I only need to eyeball it . Will give you a call this morning .

Cheers.
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

I just went through all of this with my '64 Ranchero build Frank :roll:

If you can't get clarity through the Ford manual, let me know and I will take some pics for you if that helps

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks both Col and Turns . The early Falcon manual surprisingly did not have anything on it regarding the honeypot/shift lever. Similar to a factory one I have for XR-XT .That's why I was in hope of an earlier manual dealing with it . I will copy the Fordomatic pages Col before return it as I will look at the Park Pawl issue. Plus the adjustments /specs.
I found a 66 Pick up "you tube" video with a guy doing a replacement collar . My concern was the way mine was messed around with ,not knowing if it was correct.
Is this correct ?
For insertion into the collar/honeypot I have piston with small diameter spring on it,s thin shaft . Encasing this is a larger spring with a thin spacer washer on top , then the top cup washer and this is retained by the heads of two machine screws . The thin spacer washer is my doubtful one Turns. Does it sit below the cup washer sitting on the spring or above it under the screw heads from your recent foray? The "metal blocks" in my photo look superfluous, and some "modification" going by the messing that appears to be done . Also note on the LH item where the detent plate was missing , the LH side aperture near the holding screw hole has been pounded by the shift lever due to the plate missing ,requiring some filing to get the new plate to sit into the recess . At least the different size apertures only allow the plate to fit one way :D :D .
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Did you look at the stuff I put the link to Frank?

Tassie Dave
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Yes Dave I did , and should apologise for being remiss in also thanking you for the lead ,the third from the left "Comet ,Fairlane" . The photo I copied and enlarged for clarity .
Between
spring 7293 and spring 7B071 an object is not numbered or named . The spring itself is actually a heavy version similar to a spring in a ball point pen . I am assuming that this is a washer. I want to put this all together without having to dismantle again .
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Good luck with the fiddly little bugger :lol:

Tassie Dave
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

rx4ord wrote:Good luck with the fiddly little bugger :lol:

Tassie Dave
In reality this simple task should be fiddly but a breeze Dave. :lol: :lol: Because it has been previously fiddled with ,and not having the benefit of ever doing the task before ,it leaves doubts as to the correct placement of one item and the function of the two "blocks" . Appears they were some form of "operational enhancement" :roll: :roll: .
The only worse situation is getting radio or a watch to put back together from a bag of bits and besides some assemblies incorrectly assembled , having parts missing or extras that never belonged without having a circuit diagram or exploded view of components to guide you :lol: :lol: