Question for the Mopar guys

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
T1916

Question for the Mopar guys

Post by T1916 »

Hi , guys

360 with 727 auto, at what throttle position should the kick down cable or rod start to work. Mine kicks down at about 2/3 throttle. Drive it with light pressure on the accelerator it is fine. Bit more and it kicks down a gear. Any info much appreciated. Non original carby (Holley fitted)

Cheers GT.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Re: Question for the Mopar guys

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi GT . Having had Mopar ,now 25 years ago . If my memory is correct it was rod operation for the kickdown . It should have full lever at the box when the throttle is full open . In other words first up make sure the pedal being bottomed gives you full carby opening with the box disconnected , then connect up /adjust the trans rod for the kickdown lever at the box to do the same . If incorrectly set it also affects your shift points .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
T1916

Post by T1916 »

Thanks Frank

That what I was thinking of doing, full throttle and kick down lever fully pulled on and work out the slack back from there.
Thanks

Cheers GT.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

I have a full 1968 Plymouth shop manual, covers every model, Valiant 6 to Hemi GTX, what Franks says is correct tho' if you want I could copy/send the factory description but its a bit complicated............lol.......its all rod controlled at least in 1968...........the cast iron T/F in my 40 Dodge uses a rod for the kickdown but try Franks suggestion 1st........andyd