Holden grey motor speed/power record holders

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
spanners

Re: Holden grey motor speed/power record holders

Post by spanners »

I'd like to but I'd be spreading the available funds pretty thin as the Whyalla trip will cost a bit in tow money. I'll think about it. I'll try to contact Steve Peruch to see if he's interested in running (hopefully with in date seatbelts this time).
Shirley you must be joking? I'm not, and don't call me Shirley.
Greg N Smith

Post by Greg N Smith »

Hi Harv
Have you seen this -
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/75435362502263482/

Cheers
Greg N Smith
Harv

Post by Harv »

Greg N Smith wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:18 pm Hi Harv
Have you seen this -
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/75435362502263482/

Cheers
Greg N Smith
Coincidentally, I drove through along the Hume Highway in Liverpool yesterday (on the way home from dynoing the daughters car) but could not find Leo anywhere :( :lol:

I've had some discussion over on the Motorsports forum with some of the gentlemen from that era. Incredible what they were wringing out of a grey. Back where every last ounce of blueprinting made a difference, instead of bolt-on power.

Big difference to the daughter's VL, where parts are readily available and the ECU readily piggybacked for a tune. It pulled 119kW (160HP) at the treads without trying all that hard... compared to Leo's 160BHP.

Cheers,
Harv
spanners

Post by spanners »

I won't be at The day of the Drags Harv as I've entered for Gunnedah 16-17th March. First event there since 2022 as the council took nearly 12 months to resurface the entire airstrip plus lousy weather at the start of last year.
Shirley you must be joking? I'm not, and don't call me Shirley.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Looks like I'll be spectating... wagon distributor issues that the guy won't get resolved until mid-morning :(

Did manage to find my Grey Ghost shirt to wear though... not quite your HAMBSTR but similar in spirit.

Cheers,
Harv