OLD TIN Section – Post it here! *NEW - TIN HUNT PICS*

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
gt
Old Hand

Post by gt »

hotrodmatt wrote: Well, well... SWMBO has demanded that we chase it up!
Why are you still here?
hotrodmatt wrote:
Anyone reckon we'd shoe horn a V engine in there?
Maybe not an 8...but you'd sure as hell get a V6 H....Hol.....ACHOO :roll: ...little GM in there 8)
Pig (OINKS)

Post by Pig (OINKS) »

hotrodmatt wrote:Well, well... SWMBO has demanded that we chase it up!

Anyone reckon we'd shoe horn a V engine in there?

Where is that picture of the Daimler 'Hemi' V8 that I saw posted somewhere here?
The guy who posted it reckoned ot would have been lucky to be 2 foot long so a slight recess in the Firewall and a Aussie Desert Cooler radiator should have the show humming happily... :lol:

But no I agree, I would be looking at a VS Ecotech, they have so much more punch compared to the earlier VN/P/R Series II Engines! :shock:
I finally managed to get the V6 running in my VS donor car yesterday, all the wires were chopped thru that went to the Coil Pack, the Airbox totally destroyed, actually I think the largest piece of that left was around 1cmx2/3cm's in size!
I panicked at first because we had no gears (the radiator/ Tranny hoses had been chopped thru when it plowed into the tree compliments of the son's ex GF - 8grand down the shyte shute!) but we kept adding oil until the rear wheels started spinning (on stands) so fingers crossed it has no real damage, altho, strangely with how far back the engine and box has moved back, my park is now reverse AND it starts in REVERSE gear!! :shock:
It shouldn't as it has all its wiring still intact and unbutchered (asides from the Coil Pack loom which was soldered back together, heat shrunk then back taped) so it has me buggered as to why it would start in reverse? :?
Also I have no park at the moment but I suspect that will be remedied by adjustment once it hit the Singer's chassis rails...

But these little Holden V6 motors are short, powerful, don't have ANY Water Pump issues for Radiator clearence problems etc with a totally flat setup at the front of the motor with the Pulley system, all round IMHO, something that can pip a 308 and return 30+mpg figures in a full sized Commodore would be ideal in one of these light weight Babes! :lol:

Also I reckon if you were to fit up a shortened LJ Torana front end running the VL Turbo Rotors and VS Callipers and shortened Commodore Disc Brake rear end with Chassis rails tying the Body togther front and rear like what they fit on the early Toranas for the CRS V8 kits, you would piss it in for rego :wink: (Plus usual mods etc of course)

I would love to see an old Vanguard Wagon like this done up in an Old Skool style of build with modern running gear, I might be off the mark a little, but to me they hold a little of the Deco-Art which is making cars like the old Nash Metrolpolitons etc so popular with the Retro-Rodders :?
This could look the same if done right? :roll:

DO IT! :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)
Last edited by Pig (OINKS) on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pig (OINKS)

Post by Pig (OINKS) »

Cromag wrote:Pig, I havent loaded the other photos of the Vanguard on photobucket yet, but the inside of this little beuty smells like hay-or mice
:shock: Err?
That wasn't quiet the memorable odour I was thinking of mate? :lol:
But then, add some musky Carpet and a hint of sun hardened Leather to that Hay-Rat infested odour you speak of an you may just be right, must admit, altho it btings back fond memories of old Morris Minors, I wouldn't sleep in my bed if my Bedroom smelt of that type of odour! :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)
PS: Come on you other blokes, you know who you are, share some of that old Tin magic with us here and do your part to thwarting the crushers that are only doing what the owners of these old jiggers want.
I am hoping to speak with a bloke at the Toowoomba Swap meet this weekend who owns an old Holden Grave Yard that has a load of old vehicles sitting on it, some of which I posted here to kick this Post off, if I can I will try and arrange to go out, take some pictures to post here along with his contact details, owners permission of course... :wink: Cheers
munchr

Post by munchr »

I hope you're gonna share them pics on oldholden as well mate :wink:

Not sure how to do a link here yet, but I have a few old tin pics among this album below, mostly holdens but a few suprises along the way !

http://gallery.oldholden.com/blown64/resting+holdens/

So check it out & be amazed :lol:

Dave
munchr

Post by munchr »

Ive just been updating some more rod related pics into my album at oldholden, will do a few more in the next few days :D

Dave
Pig (OINKS)

Post by Pig (OINKS) »

munchr wrote:Ive just been updating some more rod related pics into my album at oldholden, will do a few more in the next few days :D

Dave
Hey Dave, if it is just a link post away, no need for the silly html tags and codings on this site, if posting a link from a picture on OH to here, look to the top, see the box with Img in it?
If you click on it once, wait a second, then click again you will end up with;
In between the ]& the[ you paste the url from the picture, (right click on the picture in OH, select Properties, swipe - highlight - then copy - then paste the link between the Image Tags minus the <URL> like so; [img]<URL>[/img]
Headin' over to ya Shed now mate! :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)
Pig (OINKS)

Post by Pig (OINKS) »

Oi DAVE!!!!! Image
YOURS was the Bloody Shed I saw that old Tin in!! :lol:
What is the story with this lot that follows? Image
I have been trying to find who's Shed it was that had these pic's in but be buggered of I could remember? Image

THAT is a CRIME! :evil: No wait? :? They're not crushed yet? :? THAT is a SHAME! :roll:
Are they For Sale? :?
They look like PRIME Tin for exactly what I am talking about for someone to get their ass into somethin that is Tin and not Glass (altho I am not against Glass, just I can weld or panel beat it! :lol: hehe)
So what is the story? Are they destined for the crusher? Are they hoarded for a one-day or are they just still sitting and rotting? :roll:
Great find mate! :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)
Jimmy B

Post by Jimmy B »

:shock: :shock: Get those two Buick sedans, prefect mobster mobiles :twisted: :twisted:
JIMBOB
Old Hand

Post by JIMBOB »

Jimmy B wrote::shock: :shock: Get those two Buick sedans, prefect mobster mobiles :twisted: :twisted:
I think they are dodge mate :wink:
Support your local Omen
Jimmy B

Post by Jimmy B »

JIMBOB wrote:
Jimmy B wrote::shock: :shock: Get those two Buick sedans, prefect mobster mobiles :twisted: :twisted:
I think they are dodge mate :wink:
Ok :oops: But the chassis with the OHV six is buick.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

alloy buick

Post by pilot Dave »

I think my all alloy buick 215ci would fit in that :D I forgot I had that as its been at a mates for 10 or 12 yrs :oops:
munchr

Post by munchr »

Thought you might like them 8)

Most are on the one property & he HATES the crushers with a passion, I tried but none are for sale yet............... but I left my card with him just in case :wink:

There are more & I'll add them as i said, when i get time I'll try to put a pic on here.( I'm just not good at computer stuff yet )

Any change in the Tins status I"ll let you's know-after I've got them all :twisted:

Plenty still around you just have to look harder
Pig (OINKS)

Post by Pig (OINKS) »

Ok fellas, for anyone who travelled from Brisbane way to the Toowoomba Swap meet, I spotted some old (rough) tin in a side road, as you are heading towards Toowoomba there is a big wrecking yard on the left, from memory they had a Blue Scorpion on a stand out thr front, they are on a corner, on the opposite corner is a tiny local Shop with Petrol Bowsers, you turn left there, travel up the road around 400metres or so, then at the front of a property you will see a rusty bent and twisted mid to late 20's Tourer I think it was sitting on top of an old Dray type Wagon, looking up the hill the guy has loads of old 70's Dodge trucks and old late 60's early 70's Holdens etc collected behind and down the side of the property...
I had planned on stopping to take a picture to post but the damned Camera spitting the dummy wasn't part of that plan! :evil:
But if anyone knows where I am talking about off you go! :lol:

Cheers, Pig (OINKS)
munchr

Post by munchr »

I'll give this picture thing a go, see what treasures are in this pic!

[http://gallery.oldholden.com/blown64/re ... rd.JPG.htm]
[/img]
munchr

Post by munchr »

Bugger it!
just try this link instead.

http://gallery.oldholden.com/blown64/re ... d.JPG.html