Cool surf wagons

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
hewey
Old Hand

Re: Cool surf wagons

Post by hewey »

One for Turns and Woody 8) Apparently its the end of the Kingsway in Cronulla. I don't have any more info on it though
Pariahs C.C.
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

hewey wrote:One for Turns and Woody 8) Apparently its the end of the Kingsway in Cronulla. I don't have any more info on it though
G'day "Hewey" thanks for posting. That's from about '64 from memory. After a huge storm season and the surf was actually coming down in size, it had been up to about 20 foot.
The old "Cronulla Trade Union Club" building is just visible on the right hand side.The one with the flag. It was actually a large old house. The '38 Chev or Olds, can't remember which it was, belonged to a a guy that worked for Jackson Surfboards and I think the dak,dak belonged to Gary Birdsill, a guy who did a lot of surf photo's at the time. He now does a lot painting and surf prints.
Outside "Joe's milk bar, is an old style, post mount, public telephone. And the greenery on the right hand side near the promenade are the entry to the old guest house "Whitby Cliffs".

Changed a bit today.

Even got a hot rod into the topic. :lol: Taken about where the old public phone was.

Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

A typically great picture from you Hewey - solid swell and offshore 8) 8) 8) That image resonates purely 'Australian' to me
woody28A wrote: G'day "Hewey" thanks for posting. That's from about '64 from memory. After a huge storm season and the surf was actually coming down in size, it had been up to about 20 foot.
At 20ft, Shark Island would be gnarly woody :shock: ................................especially on a mal :?

Here is a US one to keep things carving (as in cockroach :mrgreen: )

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

turns wrote:A typically great picture from you Hewey - solid swell and offshore 8) 8) 8) That image resonates purely 'Australian' to me
woody28A wrote: G'day "Hewey" thanks for posting. That's from about '64 from memory. After a huge storm season and the surf was actually coming down in size, it had been up to about 20 foot.
At 20ft, Shark Island would be gnarly woody :shock: ................................especially on a mal :?

Cheers Turns
Southerly swell, didn't really create big things at Shark Island. Most of the big surf was from the Alley (where the pic was taken) to Green Hills. Nobody really surfed Shark Island in those days. Mals weren't quick enough for the break. We are talking the mid '60's. :lol:
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
63ej 48 ford f1

Post by 63ej 48 ford f1 »

Being born in the shire and having surfed shark island
Numerous times. I can say
Its best with a bit of north east swell
Cheers adam
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

IMO, this Surf Wagon looks cool...........I love the Aussie element to it too 8)

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
hewey
Old Hand

Post by hewey »

You'll need to watch this one till the end to get the surf connection, but it makes sense 8)
[youtube]a0Q9KVC6wjA[/youtube]
Pariahs C.C.
angliadon
Old Hand

Post by angliadon »

This is different. :D :D
Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
jww_289

Post by jww_289 »

Muscle Beach Party, after the credits at about 1:53 there is a convoy of some pretty cool cats and surf wagons :lol:

[youtube]ui0HNDY-fNk[/youtube]
!!