Hot Rod Heater

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
48 prefect

Hot Rod Heater

Post by 48 prefect »

Good evening all, don't really want to clutter up my firewall with heater hoses if can help it. Have limited room under dash -- is there a good electric heater with demister outlet available on the market or If a water heater is more efficient, what is a recommendation. Thanks for any feedback. Wayne.
Shabby T
Old Hand

Re: Hot Rod Heater

Post by Shabby T »

I have a little smiths replica heater in our coupe, it is very compact, probably only 250 mm dis and 150 deep.
Mounts with two studs and has the inlet and outlet water pipes side by side, the demister pipes are same size as domestic vacuum pipes, very convenient, fan on each end of the motor, one for demise one for cabin, I think it could be from the people who bought us Pearl Harbour Bombing, :D but it does the job
Cheers,
Terry

That's going straight to the pool room!
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/tan60/images.jpg[/img]
swifty

Post by swifty »

I've got a Bosch one in my coupe which is the same as the one that's been in my Valiant since 1962. Is bigger than Shabby T's by an inch or two. Simon Muntz Street Rods sells small electric ones which I think meet the rego requirements.
48 prefect

Post by 48 prefect »

Thanku Shabby T & Swifty for your information on heaters. I'll check simons heaters & hope to find a solution. Thanks--Wayne & Suzanne.