American-hosted community for Australian hotrodders
Terms and Conditions
Guests have READ ONLY access to selected areas. To be able to post or gain full access to this site including private messaging, the classifieds, registration, members rides and off topic areas, you need to be a registered member. We accept anyone with an interest in Pre 1948 Hotrods and Pre 65 Kustom vehicles. You only need an interest, not ownership. We hope that some of the things you learn here will encourage your active participation in our hobby. Please note that if you attempt to sign up to this Forum WITHOUT following these Terms and Conditions, your application will be treated as spam and DELETED without question! This is to avoid the thousands of spam idiots that attempt to sign up.
Your membership will NOT be activated without the correct information. Applications which do not satisfy the criteria will be removed.
A valid email address MUST be supplied when registering. 'Free' mail services such as Hotmail, Yahoo etc. are not allowed for security reasons. You MUST supply a valid ISP or company email address or your membership application WILL be deleted.
YOU MUST provide a town/city and state location (DO NOT put just Australia). If outside Australia, you must put your city/town and also provide the Country (anything with just USA for example will be instantly deleted).
You can also only sign up only once! If you have applied for membership and not received a reply or have any other query, email firstname.lastname@example.org with all relevant information.
This is a family oriented site, with many young members. SOME everyday language is allowed but only if 'in context'. All posting must be respectful of others and anyone who goes overboard or continually disregards this point will be banned temporarily or removed from the site permanently. If you have any problems in relation to anything posted on this forum contact Dave or one of the other moderators.
This Forum is for HOTRODS and CUSTOMS. Posting information on these forums MUST be topical and with a purpose.
- This Forum deems a Hotrod to be the same as the ASRF classification, that is a Pre 1948 full chassis car that has been modified. As far as this forum is concerned a STREETROD is just a politically correct name for a HOTROD and we do NOT differentiate between the 2, they are the same thing. Our preference is for the term Hotrod but feel free to use whichever term you like.
As far as Customs (or Kustoms) go we accept the ASRF classification but we also INCLUDE vehicles up to 1971 of U.S. or Australian origin. To define that further we accept only HG and prior Holdens, XY and prior Falcons and VG and prior Valiants. or or other vehicles of interest at OUR discretion, which includes the occasional VW, Chopper, Bobber etc.
- Any post that does not relate in some way to our hobby (based on the above definitions) with the exception of those in the pub, will be deleted and no discussion will be entered into. A large number of old posts will be reviewed and this rule applied!
- Ozrodders is a PUBLIC Forum and apart from certain areas such as the Oz-E-Rodders Club area, Classifieds, etc. the rest can be viewed and read by anyone, anywhere in the world. Only members can post or reply but anyone can read what you are saying. You must therefore keep your comments fair and reasonable and NO derogatory personal references are to be made about any other named or otherwise identified parties (such as by the car they drive) unless it is appropriate to the discussion. Each person is responsible for their own posts and I (and the other moderators) should not have to edit any post.
- Any language must be in CONTEXT anywhere on this site. Generally the Pub is the only area where we allow any leeway but only when appropriate. Some words should not be used under any circumstances so please use your common sense. Repeated foul language or personal abuse may result in permanent removal from this forum.
- There are to be NO pictures in signatures with the exception of Oz-E-Rodders members who may display a small approved club logo. Avatar pictures are to be no wider than 150 pixels and must NOT have any offensive content. Any signature pictures or overwidth avatar pictures will be removed without notice.
- Every forum member is entitled to their own opinion, BUT you must respect that freedom of speech is NOT absolute and content of a racial, violent, sexual or abusive nature will NOT be tolerated. Pictures of a similar nature are also not allowed and full frontal nudity is banned outright.
- The Administrators and Moderators have the final say and whilst we are always happy to listen to constructive suggestions we will NOT enter into arguments about the rules or our interpretations of them. Moderator abuse will see you removed from the forum.
- The same as rule 1, this Forum is for HOTRODS and CUSTOMS. Please keep any posts relevant and lets get back to what we are about. The Pub is the ONLY place on this forum for off topic discussion. If you have a child who is a member of this forum and want their access to the Pub restricted please contact Dave.
All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, recommendations, statements, views or other information expressed in this forum are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of the administrators, moderators, owners and their agents of Ozrodders.com (unless administrators, moderators, owners and their agents of Ozrodders.com are specifically identified as the author of the communication).
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable and/or offensive is invited to contact us immediately by email [email@example.com]. We have the ability to remove objectionable and/or offensive messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. However, as this is a manual process, we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
If you participate in a discussion, you are responsible for ensuring that any material you electronically post on any forum of Ozrodders.com (such as text, images, or other multimedia content) does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, and is posted with the permission of the owner of such rights.
To facilitate the free exchange of public opinion and at the same time monitor any potentially disruptive or undesirable input, moderators have been appointed to supervise the running of the Ozrodders on-line discussion forums.
The moderator has the right to:
- refuse, or remove from the site, material submitted by a user which, in the moderator's reasonable opinion, tends to incite violence, racial hatred or intolerance against any group in our society, or which, in the moderator's opinion, may constitute a defamatory statement, an infringement of copyright or a breach of any other law;
- refuse, or remove from the site, material of any user and contact, and/or cancel the registration of, any user who, in the moderator's reasonable opinion, has failed to observe, or is otherwise acting in a manner inconsistent with, the Terms and Conditions of Ozrodders.com; and
- edit, abridge, amend or otherwise alter any material submitted to the Ozrodders.com forums for publication. In the event that the moderator edits, abridges, amends or otherwise alters a user's submitted material, the moderator may advise the user accordingly, but this is at the discretion of the moderator.
Whilst all due care will be taken by the moderators, the administrators, moderators, owners and their agents of Ozrodders.com do not warrant or represent that the information is free from errors or ommission, or that it is exhaustive. Any comments contained on the discussion forums are the comments of their author only and are not the comments of the administrators, moderators, owners and their agents of Ozrodders.com.
Defamation Laws & the Internet
The Communications Law Centre (Internet and Online Services)
Home | Forum | Terms and Conditions | Contact