where is it now? Mark Plummer's chopped FJ

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
big woody

where is it now? Mark Plummer's chopped FJ

Post by big woody »

been looking for this car for a while, was last seen going into Tasmania,in a shed... any leads
blown36

Post by blown36 »

Not sure if its any help but I have the Custom Rodder No. 65 with the car on the cover.
Get Blown or get Blown Away
big woody

Post by big woody »

THAT IS THE ONE FROM ABOUT A MILLION YEARS AGO, WHEN IT HAD THE BLOWN 427 IN IT? IT USED TO HAVE A HEMI 265 FOR A LONG TIME
sgo

Post by sgo »

This is it before Mark owned it. I purchase it with the chop completed, and it had been set up for a twin overhead cam six Jag. engine. Hence the butchered firewall. It had huge rear gaurd flares to cover the Jag rear end.
These were replaced as seen in the photo. I don't know who did the original chop but amount of work that successive owners have put into it, it may have been easier to chop one from scratch.
This is it as it appeared in a magazine years later, and since then I think I've seen a pic where an original dash and firewall were re-fitted.
blown36

Post by blown36 »

Back in 81 it ran the hemi 265.
Get Blown or get Blown Away
MaxSmart

Post by MaxSmart »

Wasn't that the one that some chick in WA won a few years back?

MS
He's not the Messiah................................he's just a very, very naughty boy!
big woody

Post by big woody »

no another car entirely
MaxSmart

Post by MaxSmart »

Is that "other" one still here? Lat I saw it it was in Frank's place before he left Balcatta.

BH
He's not the Messiah................................he's just a very, very naughty boy!
the dunga

Post by the dunga »

Mark Plummer sold it to Andrew from Tecoma and he had it for about 10 years before it sold to Tassie. Last I heard the guy from Tassie was giving it a full rebuild but that would have been two years ago