Hot Rod Internet - Shop Crawl 2004/5

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
HRI

Hot Rod Internet - Shop Crawl 2004/5

Post by HRI »

Had an email yesterday from a rodder who has some American friends coming to Oz for the summer. He was wanting to know what events were on and what was good to go to. Gave him a whole heap of stuff, as well as making the offer to run a hot rod shop crawl similar to the one we did in between the 2003 Geelong Nationals and the 2 Bay Run.
I'm guessin that these guys from the US aren't the only one's interested, so I'm just putting out some feelers to see what sort of response we get.

There is the chance that we may run a couple of these shop crawls as the guys at hotrodhotline.com are organising a tour for the 2005 Nats and will be going on the Chainsaw Bob Cruise up to the Nats.

If you want to have a look at the places we went last time check out the Hot Rod Tours pages.
2 Days of crusin around Melbourne. Day 1 we went to Vintage and Classic Garage, Shannons, Holden Special Vehicles and Bradfords Badges. Day 2 was Antique Tyres, Classics, Mustangs and Rod Stop, Mc Donald Brothers Racin, Aussie Desert Cooler, Deuce Customs and True Colour Restorations. It sure was a lot of fun!

I know the guys at Castlemaine have already produced a brouchure for rodders touring around up there. So you can see it's quite easy to fill 3 or 4 days with activities.
devilrod
Old Hand

Post by devilrod »

Sounds real good Greg.
Give me some dates and I'll see you there!
Cool23

Post by Cool23 »

Greg, I put together the contact directory for Castlemaine. If you would like a copy let me know and I will e-mail to you.
Cool23.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

I'm in!
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Cool23

Post by Cool23 »

Carps.
The Problem is you are like a Big Dog at Breakfast.
Into Everything.
Cool23
Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt »

Greg, is this the guy with the 39 coupe with an inliner in it, whose daughter lives in Apollo Bay?

As you can guess - he has contacted me too!!

Cheers
Friendship is like peeing your pants - Everyone can see it - but only you can feel the true warmth.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Cool23 wrote:Carps.
The Problem is you are like a Big Dog at Breakfast.
Into Everything.
Cool23
You're prolly right there and I often bite off more than I can chew, but then life's too short to be sitting around suckin yer thumb.

Had a good long discussion with Mick Dascolli about how I might be able to help him with his new venture on the teevee. He's got a few episodes in the can already and the show will be going to air in September. It's all I needed to justify the purchase of that new, high end video camera I've had my eye on for a while. :wink:
Young Carps

Cool23

Post by Cool23 »

Hey Carps I have to agree life is to short not to have fun.
So just get the Rod out and drive it and what fun would it be if you did not have / make your comments ??? Say how is that Toyota V8 going ?

Almost forgot to mention again if any one wants a contact guide for Castlemaine Street Rod related business / places to visit, I am the one to be in touch with.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Cool23 wrote:Say how is that Toyota V8 going ?
The one in the red truck?

It's changed since you saw it at Ballarat, now has a custom fabbed manifold with a GM blower mounted on top. Should be back on the road this weekend for shakedown and tuning. :lol:

Not to mention, scarin little old ladies, SBC and SBF drivers.
Young Carps

Cool23

Post by Cool23 »

Yes the one in the Red Truck....... Blown now I can not wait to see it next.
Well when I get my 5.9 Litre monster going in the 49 truck perhaps we can have a drag !!! and to give you a better idea what I am doing just have a look at this web site www.cumminsracing.com they have a dragster doing 8.75 @148 MPH.running on green fuel I should add. The 1932 Roadster on the website being built for the salt looks nice too.

I think I'll have more fun scarin big block owners. I should add it is Injected and Blown. :peelout:

Cool23.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Even with only low boost, it lights the rear tyres instantly.

There's a vaccuum leak in the fabricatd maanifold that affected it's performance on the dyno yesterday and the manifold pressure was not enough to get the best result, so there's some work still to be done..

It's even louder than before so the front pipes will be changed to a crossover system to try and block out some noise. The blower setup will be altered to deliver around 6 to 8lbs of boost and of course the vac leaks fixed. Likewise there's a bit of reprogramming of the auto trans need to be done as it is now reluctant to shift back to first for launch (the anti squat system starts it in 2nd then is meant to instantly shift back to 1st as the vehicle starts to move), so we might just remove that and get it to stay in low gear. SSo what if it squats a bit under accelleration. :roll:
Young Carps

Cool23

Post by Cool23 »

Carps,
I wait to see how it all sorted out for you. Sounds nice.
Cool23.