Hey Choco! How'd the trip to sunny Perth go?

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Brootal
Old Hand

Hey Choco! How'd the trip to sunny Perth go?

Post by Brootal »

Hope the trip went well and you didn't get too "tired and emotional" after catching up with your old buddies.

As you probably know, I dropped by and picked up the intake. I saw Christie, but it was too early for Crash Caddy to get out of bed (it was around 10:30am). Obviously he doesn't get up until the crack of noon!

Now all I need is the carbs... and the rest of the Hot Rod. Found one for me yet??? :wink:
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

We had a great time, almost like going back in time. The groom was the son of an old Navy mate who also joined the Navy and has been posted to a couple of my old ships. Most of the wedding party were old salts and young sailors. It was amazing how we slipped back into walkin' the walk and talkin' the talk, seeing as how I left the Navy in 1990. I suppose, after 20 years, it will always be a part of who I am.
Nevertheless, we had a great time.
You won't have a problem with carbs, those AFBs can be found at plenty of swap meets. Just make sure you get a matching pair. I have a chart somewhere that tells you what cfm the AFBs are according to venturi diameter. You'll need that and a vernier caliper when you go foraging. The American Car Nats swap meet here in September is a good one, and I can provide you with the chart, the verniers, accommodation and your Rumbler will be a legit entry!
I have a new digital camera.
I have finished making my grille.
The Caddy has 2 more new tyres.
Do you want me to ask about the Model A closed cab pick up that's for sale here? All steel, mostly there, prolly about $3,000.
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Great to hear you had a good time. I'm heading back to Perth in October for a 20 year High School Reunion. That should be INTERESTING! Can't wait to see who got fat, bald and uglier :)

Finished the grille? How'd you do that so quick? The other guy had it for a year and did nothing, what did you do?

I'll take you up on that offer on the carb info. I do have some info on the factory Eldo dual quad setup that shows two different number for front and rear carbs. Any idea why that might be? Maybe one runs a choke and the other doesn't???

I do love pickups, but I REALLY want a roadster. Thanks for looking around for me.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]