Any events near Shepparton?

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Raymond Loewy

Any events near Shepparton?

Post by Raymond Loewy »

It appears my father needs encouragement to visit his only daughter in a small country town :cry:
- so does anyone know of any car events coming up in or around Shepparton?
I managed successfully to be out of the area for the MG concourse - I thank God the nationals were the same weekend - and the Holden weekend recently did not move him either.
I am hoping to get him driving his car rather than having him polishing it in the garage each weekend (it is amazing what a new paint job does!) :lol:

and I also need him to remove the spider from the bathroom! :oops:

So if any one can help it would be much appreciated!
Had I been present at the Creation I would have given some useful hints to the ordering of the Universe - Alphonso X of Castille
old32

Post by old32 »

What? to remove the spider or drive my car? :roll:

Wanted;
Very rich farmers son (single) living in Shepparton area to remove spider from bathroom.
Must have flathead powered, 32 highboy coupe, large airconditioned & heated garage willing to work on Studebaker.
The older I get the faster I was
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

I'd send Danny:

....but he's scared of Girls.
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Scared of girls??? He IS a girl.

Check out that piggy tail. :lol:
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

Yeah, well YOU tell him!
He got an MP3 player in his Caddy, and we went on a garage scene/cruise on the weekend. Imagine what it was like, cruisin' to the tunes of Sepulchura, Maralyn Manson, Megadeth, etc. He had a heap of Black Sabbath and I don't mind some Metallica, but, geez, not on a Krooz, fer krist's sake!
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Maybe if you gave him a haircut his musical tastes would change. :roll:

...and I think it's spelt Sepultura.

I like BOTH kinds of music... Country AND Western!
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
choco
Old Hand

Post by choco »

Brootal wrote:Maybe if you gave him a haircut his musical tastes would change.
You are sooooooo 80's!
Brootal wrote:...and I think it's spelt Sepultura.
...and how did you know that? Methinks thou dost head-bang too much!
Brootal wrote:I like BOTH kinds of music... Country AND Western!
Hick.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Choco, the pic of Danny only proves he can remove masking tape. Removing spiders is different.

Raymond, here's a tip that I gave my girls for removing the big hairy legged buggers that appear when I'm not around. Use the vacuum cleaner. The trip down the suction tube gives 'em a big headache and if you let it run for a little while they'll be unconcious when you empty the bag and shake them out on the ground. I figure you're no different to my girls in that you like to see evidence to confirm the passing of said hairy legs. Doing it this way will provide that same reassurance as you can personally squish the poor little bugger while he lays unconcoius on the back doorstep.

Brootal, you are truly a sad sorry case.

Country music is OK in small doses but "Western" music requires at least one huge bass reflex speaker and 20 inch wheels with rubber band tyres on either a ricebeurner or "Foolly Sick Mayte" late model Commodore that's had the springs removed, which I figure must enhance the sound reproduction somehow. So when does the Rumbler get the fitout?

Choco it appears you may be turning into your father, which is not good. I'm sure, like me, you promised yourself that'd never happen. Danny's taste in music is in reality no different to yours when you were the same age and your father was prolly listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra whilst you were bopping away to the sounds of Bill Haley. If you listen to Danny's stuff, you might hear some really good music eminating from his MP3 player. Some of the new bands are doing fantastic covers of old tunes. Prolly not Danny's cup of tea but a good example is Guns N Roses version of "Since I Don't Have You" from their "Spaghetti Incident" album which I reckon is the best version of that song EVER recorded! Same applies to Thorpies rendition of "over The Rainbow" which you probably remember better than "The Gunners" version of anything coz it was recorded back in your day and was quite controversial for a contemporary 'bad boy' rock star to be messing with a traditional tune.

Thing to remember here is the date, it's 2003, not 1956. We shouldn't forget how, when we were young we (the baby boomers) were the generation that was finally going to close the generation gap when we had our own kids? :lol:

Roy, you need to get a life! Didn't your mum ever tell you hiding out in the garage 'polishing it' will send you blind?

Go visit Raymond for no reason at all. You'll enjoy it more than you think and you won't believe how Raymond will appreciate you. If you need a reason, Ballarat Swap meet is coming up soon. Ballarat is not far from Shepparton (hell when I was a kid we used to drive to Shepp from Ararat just to go ten pin bowling) so why not stop by and pick up Raymond on the way to Ballarat?
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Roy,
If you are still looking for that farm boy here is one who apparently loves Bullet Nose Studebakers (Raymond Loewy is his favourite stylist), is not scared of spiders, has lots of money and is building a Flathead powered 32 3 window coupe in a lovely shade of beige with mission brown guards (which could easily be removed so that it fits your hiboy request). He has seen American Graffiti over 100 times and Toad is his favourite character (partly because that is his nickname too). Not sure how big his garage is but he lives not far from Shepparton and your daughter sounds like his ideal girl! He has a fondness for all beige cars especially Studes! He likes the grille because they remind him of a halo. Can you just imagine the grandkids now!
Last edited by Dave on Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Hey Dave, how come your name appears under that picture?

Oh, and the Stude is silver. :wink:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Thanks Carps,
For all those that look at the picture above it is definitely not me, just a prospective son in law for Roy! Anyway I am not that good looking and I already have a lovely wife of my own who has a Cadillac, not a Stude. Gee I should have removed my name from that one shouldn't I! Pretty glad that you can edit these things before too many people see them!
Dave Petrusma
Raymond Loewy

Post by Raymond Loewy »

I could not go out with that guy....he is my little known elder brother Fred!

I shall just have to threaten to take the Stude to Shepp......

Lord knows my boss wants a drive....he even offered to let me drive his Boxster if I lent him the keys - NAH!!!! Nothing in it for me!
Had I been present at the Creation I would have given some useful hints to the ordering of the Universe - Alphonso X of Castille

Post by Guest »

Don't worry about that Boxter, next time your down this way let's know and I'll let you drive a MR2. It's more fun, goes and handles as good as a Boxter (Boxter was the handling benchmark)and you'd get two with change for the same money as the glorified Volksie. Plus in the Tojo you can pop the hood and look at the engine, sumpin that can't be done in Herman the German. It's the Porsche folks way of making sure you only use their workshops for repairs and maintenance.

As for your brother, having stumbled into the staff canteen on Monday whist the Jerry Springer TV show was playing to a mesmerised audience, I can assure you that brother/sister relationships are indeed quite common.... and well recieved by the general populace in some parts. :shock: