CARPSPICS - If history & variety bug you please don't enter

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Carps wrote:
Oldcol wrote:Image

....Brian sez..." Jeez Ann.....why does Carps drive this dopey Mazda all the time...."....... :lol:
She says, "So he can rescue dopey hot rodders when thier cars cease to proceed as hot rods often do." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

......nah.....you're makin' that up...... :lol: :lol:
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

It's all true!

And since we're pickin on brand X cars, who was it owned a TOYOTA for hauling the old stuff around? :shock:

It wasn't Rick, since he had two nice cars to drive.........

And it wasn;t me coz everybdy knew that mine started with the letter M, like Mazda or MG. Here's a couple more pics of the old Y type ....

A class act was this little car with factory sunroof and integrated jacking system among it's features.

Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Here's a bunch of cars at random from an early John's Picnic at Cranbourne.......

Dunno the story of this one, but nice MOPAR all ther same.

Bryan Kenyan owned the badboy Deuce and Geoff Moffat the '34 coupe, which is now a fully fendered car. Have no idea what became of Kenyan's deuce, but it hasn't been seen in public for many years.

Stork's improved model A sports coupe, I believe he still owns it although it's not seen much at runs.

This one I recall making quite a stir as it's an old rod that just appeared from nowhere. Powered by Studebaker V8.

The Chev to far right of frame is now a well known chopped two door full custom, with Desoto grill and Merc tailamps among the hundreds of modifications. The FC was built by Chopper for Tina, but sold not long after this event, it's still around but now powered by a tunnel rammed small block and with much more ground clearance.

Kelly Boyle's BBC powered MOPAR coupe was a nasty beast, I believe it was rebuilt by the new owner but I haven't seen it in years.

Interesting thing with this car is that my good buddy Mike Keeh of St Louis Mo, built one almost identical around the same time and without having ever seen pics of Kelly's car.

Young Carps

Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

I think this was one of the Hamilton family Chev's from Shepparton.

Offered for sale at Bendigo swap meet many years ago I don't believe it sold, but another that seems to have disappeared from the scene.

Young Carps

Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

My clubmate Con Papas, owned this very rare '39 roadster, which was sold some years ago and now resides in the United States. That top is the original unit it came with from the Ford Factory.

Next to Con's convert is a bitsa built by Ian Liefman. It featured a split front beam axle, Jag rear and Ian's own height adjusting system. Under the hood was a Toyota Hemi V8 attached to a five speed auto. The thing ran like a scalded cat and got better economy than a Corolla.

Here's a few more shots of Liefy's unique pick-up. It used a '40 cab channelled over the chassis, with 'narrowed 37 front sheet-metal, fabricated pick-up box and '32 rear fenders.

The truck was sold and went to Adelaide not long after I shot these pics and it hasn't been seen or heard of since a story that it had been written off in a bad accident.

In this shot you can see the adjuster for suspension height......

The Pick-up had many unique features not least being that the tailgate Ford script was cut out and had a red lense behind it that acted as a third brake lamp.

Young Carps

Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

And here's what my Humpy looked like more than 30 years ago.......

Come to think of it, aside from the wheels and lack of louvres in the bonnet, it still looks very much like this. I do have these wheels and the same tyres, but the louvred bonnet, is gone.

Young Carps

Rob.B

Post by Rob.B »

Carps wrote: FWIW to thos in the area, this shot was taken in Mt Dandie Rd Kilsyth, looking back towards Dorset Rd, it's now all built up and four lane highway.

I reckon that shot was taken if not right out the front then just up the road from the house I grew up in.... Just down a little from Colchester Rd by the looks of it???
Fordi6

Post by Fordi6 »

Carps wrote:
Bryan Kenyan owned the badboy Deuce and Geoff Moffat the '34 coupe, which is now a fully fendered car. Have no idea what became of Kenyan's deuce, but it hasn't been seen in public for many years.

It's still around, although you may not recognise it with number plate around the right way :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though Bryan still has it although it's been off the road for while getting some mechanicals rebuilt. Been driving the delivery :wink:
Can't be too old, The Missus keeps telling me to "grow up" !!!!
Mike
Old Hand

Post by Mike »

You beat me Woody , i was about to search for a pic of Bryan's coupe .... :wink:
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Carps wrote:It's all true!

And since we're pickin on brand X cars, who was it owned a TOYOTA for hauling the old stuff around? :shock:

....well it wasn't me, that's fer sure........ :lol:
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
mick

Post by mick »

Carps wrote: Offered for sale at Bendigo swap meet many years ago I don't believe it sold, but another that seems to have disappeared from the scene.

No, this one has definately not disappeared from the scene, owned by a good Freind of mine, is an SA car.
If you see it on a trailer dial 000 its probably stolen.
32coupe
Old Hand

Post by 32coupe »

Carps wrote:
Kelly Boyle's BBC powered MOPAR coupe was a nasty beast, I believe it was rebuilt by the new owner but I haven't seen it in years.

Here it is at Albury last month, it now belongs to Steve Chappel "chappy" on here :wink:

The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exersize machine,

Proud Oz-E-Rodders member
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Oldcol wrote:...who was it owned a TOYOTA for hauling the old stuff around? :shock:

....well it wasn't me, that's fer sure........ :lol:
As I recall I was driving a yeller Mazda van that day. :wink:

So I guess it musta been Dale who loaded all your stuff into it, he sure looks grown up behind the wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Carps on Tue May 26, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young Carps

Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

mick wrote:No, this one has definately not disappeared from the scene, owned by a good Freind of mine, is an SA car.
So what's it's story Mick?
Young Carps

Fordi6

Post by Fordi6 »

mick wrote:
Carps wrote: Offered for sale at Bendigo swap meet many years ago I don't believe it sold, but another that seems to have disappeared from the scene.

No, this one has definately not disappeared from the scene, owned by a good Freind of mine, is an SA car.
Oh yeah just clicked, I think I've been in that garage too :wink:
Can't be too old, The Missus keeps telling me to "grow up" !!!!