Oran Park 1965

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Oran Park 1965

Post by Kiwipaul »

I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Re: Oran Park 1965

Post by Kiwipaul »

Who said Mini's where not tough old cars LOL
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
324dor

Post by 324dor »

Nice photos. However I think I've seen many of them before.
Mr.Cools thread titled Oran Park 1965 refers.
Ken.
Nailhead Bucket

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Great pics.
:( Sadly, another old track gone. Lotsa memories and ghosts there.
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

324dor wrote:Nice photos. However I think I've seen many of them before.
Mr.Cools thread titled Oran Park 1965 refers.
Ken.

You could be right Ken I got them sent to me as a email and was thinking that they where interesting enough to post.
spoggie

Post by spoggie »

The boot springs still work on #54! Unlucky #13.. (This thread shows why I'll be using my FJ only to drive 40 km/h to the local shops) :D. Des West's survivor 48-215 was a good feature in Aust. Muscle car mag. And greyracer & a few of the lads are into Appendix J humpies on http://forums.fxfjholden.com/index.php

fxfj.com will be back up in a few days with improved site hosting.

Damn, that Mini with cooper paint & chromies looks cool.
NAGARI51

Post by NAGARI51 »

spoggie wrote:The boot springs still work on #54! Unlucky #13.. (This thread shows why I'll be using my FJ only to drive 40 km/h to the local shops) :D. Des West's survivor 48-215 was a good feature in Aust. Muscle car mag. And greyracer & a few of the lads are into Appendix J humpies on http://forums.fxfjholden.com/index.php

fxfj.com will be back up in a few days with improved site hosting.

Damn, that Mini with cooper paint & chromies looks cool.
Come on they wuz good cars. Rolling over was all part of the fun. :) Being 16 and having an FJ was pretty cool at High School in the 60's.The best thing about an FJ was they had a bigger back seat than an A40 and easi-clean vinyl upholstery :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Ask Neil about flipping an FJ. Col
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

Mate and I used to run a lightweight FJ in what was then called "Closed Sports" (forerunner of Sports Sedans) It was a bit like the "All Comers Series" in NZ.
Our first issued CAMS race number was 13 :shock:. After a series of bad luck runs we applied to CAMS to change the number.
The best they could do was to change it to 113. The bad luck continued, :( but we felt better about it. :lol: :lol:
Never had the bad luck to roll on what was then "Energol Corner" ( that roll started from the "dogleg", by the look of it ) but we did manage to blow a motor (no 6. threw a leg outa bed, oh and snapped the cam in half at the last 2 lobes. :roll: ) coming over the dogleg and deposit most of the fluid and bits right in the braking area at Energol.
That caused a few exciting moments for some fellow competitors. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

[Image
I hope this works I would like to know who this guy is now come on you old guys out there some one should know him
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

Kiwipaul wrote:[Image
I hope this works I would like to know who this guy is now come on you old guys out there some one should know him
Now that I know that the photo is the wright one He must be a bricky LOL and he might still be trying to get muck off his hands LOL LOL
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

Kiwipaul wrote:
Kiwipaul wrote:[Image
Now that I know that the photo is the wright one He must be a bricky LOL and he might still be trying to get muck off his hands LOL LOL
Nuthin' like the ole red texture bricks as a good solid base for ya early Holden jack. I reckon Stones Bros, HRT etc could learn a few pointers here. 1965 safety standards were a thing to be admired. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I do notice that they are using a good practice of jacking it up on the sump. But that's ok, cause its been deepened and reinforced with air cooling tubes. All very hi-tech. :lol:
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
28 fordave

Post by 28 fordave »

Kiwipaul wrote:Image
All right, grey motor afficianados; what are our intrepid mates doin?

And that's a bit bigger'n a 9/16" in his paw, innit?
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary