Mullins & Bell

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Bob Honeybrook

Mullins & Bell

Post by Bob Honeybrook »

I am looking for Alf Mullins and Ian Bell who ran a blown Chrysler dragster based in South Australia. The rail ran in NSW, Victoria and South Australia and was sold to Barry Cordner who parted it out. I would like to locate Alf and Ian if possible. Ian is said to have been living in Queensland and I know nothing about ALFs whereabouts. I would appreciate any help that is given.
l
Ray McDonald

Re: Mullins & Bell

Post by Ray McDonald »

Bob, I cant help with Mullins and Bell, but as you mentioned, Barry Cordner parted the dragster out, he still owns the complete engine, sitting in an A tourer that he started after he got rid of the other items. It's still not finished.

Ray
Intelligence and wisdom come with age - Growing up is optional
Bob Honeybrook

Post by Bob Honeybrook »

Thanks Ray, Barry is taking his time with the tourer, I wish him all the best with it.
sweet32

Post by sweet32 »

Bob is working on my behalf. I'm looking to do a yarn for Australian Hot Rodder on the Mullins and Bell rail, which became the Mud Mouse after Barry Cordner bought it. I have been told that Alf is living in Queensland and Ian might be in Sydney, but I haven't been able to track them down.
Larry@Graffiti

Post by Larry@Graffiti »

When I did Hot Rod Pioneers book I did story on Mullins and Bell dragster based on info I got directly from Alf Mullins who was living on north side of Brisbane at the time. Send me an email and I will see if I can track down his contact details again. Lots of early Aussie hot rodding history in all three of our books if you haven't got them. All are still available from us at Graffiti.
Larry@Graffiti