Inside the Helmet.

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Nailhead Bucket

Inside the Helmet.

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Not a lot of old time speedway stuff on here these days, no doubt because we're all on the various speedway memories pages on FaceBook which, for the most part, are very good.
Parramatta speedway (now Valvoline Raceway) is very pro active under new management and apart from constant updates on racing news, they are running a series of interviews with old time drivers. Currently Bob Blacklaw talking about his finding and restoring the Mooneyes Mod and ex Anderson sprintcar. Both almost disappeared forever. Well worth a look.
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
28 fordave

Re: Inside the Helmet.

Post by 28 fordave »

Nailhead Bucket wrote:Not a lot of old time speedway stuff on here these days, no doubt because we're all on the various speedway memories pages on FaceBook which, for the most part, are very good.
Parramatta speedway (now Valvoline Raceway) is very pro active under new management and apart from constant updates on racing news, they are running a series of interviews with old time drivers. Currently Bob Blacklaw talking about his finding and restoring the Mooneyes Mod and ex Anderson sprintcar. Both almost disappeared forever. Well worth a look.
David, you're right - I would spend most time with all the FB pages - there's too many to keep up!

I also get on the HAMB - there is a vintage midget thread that is getting longer - faster than I can read it!

But it is time to get back to it here - I have a pile of stuff to get through for posting! Put it up soon.
No signature yet, still working on it. Bit like the Roadster, really!
OzeRodders Member
Historic Speedway Assoc. Australia Secretary