Oz Rodders.com

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Carps
Old Hand

Re: Oz Rodders.com

Post by Carps »

Oldcol wrote:...actually,there haven't been very many deleted posts for quite a while... so to keep you happy I'll get rid of the last few on this page ...
rx4ord wrote:That's positive anyway Col :lol: I wasn't going to comment but you made me smile :D
Was I too late again? Did I miss something important?
Fingers wrote:I agree on the forum vs Facebook thing, try finding something you looked at earlier today, let alone last year....
I think both have their pros and cons, and both are no more or less valuable as social tools to keep folks in touch and up to date.

For me a strength of both is if there's something don't like or some idiot trying to stir up trouble, it's like TV, you can change channels and just ignore them and only focus on the sensible or interetsing stuff that appeals to your heart and mind.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
28rp

Post by 28rp »

Hi All-I too could probably be classed as one of the silent 80%.I am sure a lot of us out in the "bush" would like to be able to contribute a bit more especially photos of project wise but we seem to suffer from poor internet service compared to closer to metropolitan areas and seem to all have trouble posting photos. We can all contribute as many words as we like but the thought of battling with photo uploading probably puts people off before they even start-especially if they aren't very computer literate-I know it does me! I had this very discussion with Mercury Mitch from Paradise yesterday and have spoken of the same problem with Tub 1935 many times-both who are active members on this forum.MM says he uses bad language often as he posts a photo.
So please bear with some of us silent 80%-we are trying to add our little bit to the forum that I am sure 100% of us get something from-no matter how small the information that our posters are good enough to pass on. There sure are some clever buggers out there pursuing our/ their hobby.

Cheers

Ash
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Just a very brief History lesson the Ozrodders Forum started as the Hot-Rod Internet Forum (HRI) on Monday June 10th. 2002 thanks to Greg Wapling. I joined in to help him on Wednesday June 12th. As Carps said previously there were a number of unfortunate 'legal issues' and the Forum was taken down around the 24th February, 2005, though all the old posts were actually kept. Jon from Hotrodders.com in the U.S. offered to take ownership of the Forum and on Saturday 23rd April, 2005 did so and registered the Ozrodders name with myself as Chief Moderator. After a month of testing and tweaking, Ozrodders went live on the Internet on Thursday May 19th, 2005, keeping all the previous content (apart from some modified for legal reasons) Jon later subsequently sold Hotrodders,com and kindly handed over 'ownership' of the Forum to our good friends in the USA Enjenjo (Frank) and FatCat (Frank Jnr.) who also happen to run the Rodder's Round Table. They now keep the technical side of things running whilst a team of Oz moderators (myself included) try to keep it all running smoothly. We have the largest information base on the Internet for Australian based Hotrodding, thanks to Greg Wapling's vision and our U.S. friends who got us back up and running.
Dave Petrusma
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

And my thanks to all who had and still have a hand in keeping this priceless
and informative site going.
It has been a great help to me and many rodders through the years.
Australian rodding would not be in the positive position it is in now
without OzRodders.Com.

Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

rx4ord wrote:And my thanks to all who had and still have a hand in keeping this priceless
and informative site going.
It has been a great help to me and many rodders through the years.
Australian rodding would not be in the positive position it is in now
without OzRodders.Com.

Dave
Me too 8) 8) 8)
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Ditto fellas. I came here knowing only a little bit. Thanks to the connections who post here, I have found solutions, ideas, guidance, and met some new friends - whether face to face, or on line. All good people.
And I hope to meet as many of you as I can in person as I travel this path.
Cheers and thanks to all
Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
mr imp

Post by mr imp »

Iv'e been one of those people you have meet through the forum Darren and it has been a pleasure.

It is nice to go to Hot Rod functions and meet like minded people and I think some of the work achieved by members is outstanding and has to be admired.
Graham

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

Dave wrote:Just a very brief History lesson the Ozrodders Forum started as the Hot-Rod Internet Forum (HRI) on Monday June 10th. 2002 thanks to Greg Wapling. I joined in to help him on Wednesday June 12th. As Carps said previously there were a number of unfortunate 'legal issues' and the Forum was taken down around the 24th February, 2005, though all the old posts were actually kept. Jon from Hotrodders.com in the U.S. offered to take ownership of the Forum and on Saturday 23rd April, 2005 did so and registered the Ozrodders name with myself as Chief Moderator. After a month of testing and tweaking, Ozrodders went live on the Internet on Thursday May 19th, 2005, keeping all the previous content (apart from some modified for legal reasons) Jon later subsequently sold Hotrodders,com and kindly handed over 'ownership' of the Forum to our good friends in the USA Enjenjo (Frank) and FatCat (Frank Jnr.) who also happen to run the Rodder's Round Table. They now keep the technical side of things running whilst a team of Oz moderators (myself included) try to keep it all running smoothly. We have the largest information base on the Internet for Australian based Hotrodding, thanks to Greg Wapling's vision and our U.S. friends who got us back up and running.
Dave, I hope to meet you in person one day, as I have a few of the other guys. And say "thanks" in person.

Mr Imp (Graham) you are an inspiration, mate. As are all of the other fellas I've met so far. Thanks for taking me in to this very special community.
Cheers, Mudgy.
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
Outback

Post by Outback »

Mudgy wrote:
Dave wrote:Just a very brief History lesson the Ozrodders Forum started as the Hot-Rod Internet Forum (HRI) on Monday June 10th. 2002 thanks to Greg Wapling. I joined in to help him on Wednesday June 12th. As Carps said previously there were a number of unfortunate 'legal issues' and the Forum was taken down around the 24th February, 2005, though all the old posts were actually kept. Jon from Hotrodders.com in the U.S. offered to take ownership of the Forum and on Saturday 23rd April, 2005 did so and registered the Ozrodders name with myself as Chief Moderator. After a month of testing and tweaking, Ozrodders went live on the Internet on Thursday May 19th, 2005, keeping all the previous content (apart from some modified for legal reasons) Jon later subsequently sold Hotrodders,com and kindly handed over 'ownership' of the Forum to our good friends in the USA Enjenjo (Frank) and FatCat (Frank Jnr.) who also happen to run the Rodder's Round Table. They now keep the technical side of things running whilst a team of Oz moderators (myself included) try to keep it all running smoothly. We have the largest information base on the Internet for Australian based Hotrodding, thanks to Greg Wapling's vision and our U.S. friends who got us back up and running.
Dave, I hope to meet you in person one day, as I have a few of the other guys. And say "thanks" in person.

Mr Imp (Graham) you are an inspiration, mate. As are all of the other fellas I've met so far. Thanks for taking me in to this very special community.
Cheers, Mudgy.
I've been here since the HRI days & while living in a remote part of OZ this place was priceless in keeping up with what was going on & having a hot rod community to be part of. I too have met many great people & still visit however due to young family I havn't been in the place to be overly active, thanks to all who have put in over these years, kudos to you

Glenn
Nothing is worth having, that isn't worth waiting for!
JAB-AIR

Post by JAB-AIR »

I could have never of got my 38 on the road without this forum or the contacts and now friends it has given me.
I dont post a whole lot just because I feel I have very little to share in the way of useful information. But once I start redoing the 38 or one day starting the 40 panel truck I will always post pics looking for input from experienced members. This forum is priceless and I hope it's here for a long time yet.
http://jabairbrushing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Hi John, ( and anyone else reading)...you don't have to be able to supply useful info to post, any and all contributions help make the place more interesting to the rest of us...so stick some pics on of things you go to...or even a nice pic of your '38 out and about somewhere,anything that interests you will probably interest someone else. But if everyone thinks their own stuff doesn't count and then leave it for others to make the postings...not much happens. It's got to be a bit of a team spirit thing where more people put things on, and the more that happens,the better it gets. 8) 8)
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!