my new toy! 1929 Model A coupe

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
hugh ness

Re: my new toy! 1929 Model A coupe

Post by hugh ness »

I sold the model A last week to a guy in Qld. He's got a big shed, lots of talent and mates, welding skills and a plan. I have none of those things. My Mrs loved it, so I bought it. Bit of a mistake. Fortunately, common sense prevailed and I sold it for what it cost me.
I've got a mild 56 custom F100 coming over soon. The plan is to do nothing to it. Just keep it and drive it at this stage.
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Got any pics of the F100 ?
scott
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

28rp wrote:How did you get on with asbestos restriction requirements ?-I am thinking of bringing something similar back when I go to the U.S next October.
They apparently do random checks ,someone may correct me . My F1 Pickup last year was in a shared container that somehow was cleared in a longer than normal fashion . One front wheel centre cap that was on the wheel in the US from photos provided ,was missing when I got the vehicle and found in the glove box ,the wheel had to be removed to remove the cap . My brake linings were metallic . You can take a safe bet that old brake linings have asbestos as well as clutches and any insulation material ,as well as some gaskets . It appears that the safe option if spending good dosh is to have the vehicle inspected by a NATA certified person in the US before shipping . I notice now that one of our import services business ,now advertise the asbestos inspection as part of their service , worth it due to confiscation or fines you are at risk of .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
28rp

Post by 28rp »

Hi Peter and Frank-thanks for this good info-I am thinking it may be easier to import a "vintage tin " type body with a Kiwi Connection style chassis and source everything else over the fullness of time. Only thinking out loud here as the thought of buying something and bringing it home is a bucket list thing for me as I saw how possible it was when I was in California, Arizona and Nevada for three weeks around L.A Roadster show time last year. We enjoyed it so much we decided to go again-this time to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield in Oct.BUT,I probably have too many projects already, :roll:

Cheers

Ash