An old 34 Ford Rod .

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

An old 34 Ford Rod .

Post by FRANK BASILE »

This was our 34 Taken in 1976 . 283 Chev with Powerglide . HK disc front end with HK Column and box . Holden banjo rear . I got the box and shifter for nix that was removed from a tee boned 6 month old Holden Monaro ,the case was cracked. Being clever I removed the innards and rebuilt it into a discarded 62 Chev alloy casing . It had no reverse :cry: . Looking at everything and doing some thinking I noted that the older pre 64 powerglide had a rear pump , the later did not . Took careful inspection after removing the rear extension housing in vehicle ,and checking inside every capilliary ,I found a tiny hole inside a capilliary in the rear of the damaged rear housing ,this was obviously a fluid path ,that compensated for the deletion of a rear pump . Measured it and got a brand new drill bit and used correct speed to spiral the swarf ,rather than have bits to clean up . Put a sleeve on the bit to limit travel and went for it . Put the rear housing on ,and it had reverse :D .This vehicle was then sold and painted red , it then ended up as a wedding hire vehicle in Melbourne's North . It turned up later at the Hot Rod show in Melb totally rebuilt to show quality with a light purple metallic ,still sporting the same plates . I believe the vehicle is still in service today ,plates changed.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: An old 34 Ford Rod .

Post by rx4ord »

Nice car Frank.
Your cars are more modern now :shock: :lol:

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Re: An old 34 Ford Rod .