A Good Business To Deal With

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Andyd

A Good Business To Deal With

Post by Andyd »

Just thought I'd pass on this info......last Friday, 6th July I rang Auto Surplus in Mitcham, Vic after seeing that they had 318 Poly fibre intake gaskets listed on ebay.......as I wanted to make sure they were the fibre ones I rang them, spoke to a guy named James who went and obtained the set, checked that they were indeed the fibre and not the steel OEM type and took my card order over the phone........he said they may arrive Monday.....ha,ha I said.......by the end of this week would be fine I said........I was out this morning and after checking the mail noticed a well wrapped package near the door, the Gaskets!!!..............lol.........I have rung Auto Surplus to voice my thanks to them and particularly James as well as asking them to thank their courier service, Startrack which I understand is part of Oz Post...............its common to bemoan poor service in this day & age but is also worthwhile letting others know when it is well done.........thank you Auto Surplus and Startrack........Andy Douglas, Grafton NSW North Coast
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Re: A Good Business To Deal With

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

Well said Andy.This is one of the local businesses many of us in the east of Melbourne deal with regularly.Service is generally good (unless they just can't find something they reckon they've got),and if the parts not up to what it should be, they happily replace or refund it :D
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Good to hear about a business that is quick and clever.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Great result Andy I always try to support local business first even if I pay a little more, just loyalty I suppose. Also great to see the courier getting some compliments than the usual flogging from others. :roll: :roll: :D :D :D
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Dealt with Auto Surplus myself . Good experience . Also Star Track was the carrier we used for many years when I ran a warehouse . I know that they became an arm of Aussie Post but may very well operate as if a contractor using their existing national network rather than fully badged .Their normal service for example Melb /Syd was next day and they had o/night that was next day morning delivery .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
spinner50

Post by spinner50 »

Auto Surplus is a good operation , very good pricing and fast delivery I use them regularly ...