Welcome to lots more new members!

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Pontiac1

Re: Welcome to lots more new members!

Post by Pontiac1 »

Hi everyone, Dave here talking to you from the land of the long white cloud. I'm currently working on a 66 Pontiac Laurentian (RHD)which is almost back on the road. The major work done is some rust repairs, installed a 2nd hand 383 chev and a new disc brake conversion. Got a lifter noise and coolant leak from a head stud so a little bit of work here. Also got a brake shudder from the new front disks so hoping they just need a clean as they should be true. Also have an old LC Torana with a 350 chev installed. I originally brought it for the engine but someones put a heap of work into it so 'one day' it might get back on the rd.!!
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Pontiac1 wrote:Hi everyone, Dave here talking to you from the land of the long white cloud. I'm currently working on a 66 Pontiac Laurentian (RHD)which is almost back on the road. The major work done is some rust repairs, installed a 2nd hand 383 chev and a new disc brake conversion. Got a lifter noise and coolant leak from a head stud so a little bit of work here. Also got a brake shudder from the new front disks so hoping they just need a clean as they should be true. Also have an old LC Torana with a 350 chev installed. I originally brought it for the engine but someones put a heap of work into it so 'one day' it might get back on the rd.!!
Hi Pontiac1 welcome aboard, sounds like you have got a couple of cool rides, what part of NZ are you from???
I hope you enjoy your time here, and you will find pretty quick that we like photos :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Pontiac1

Post by Pontiac1 »

Thanks Toprodz. I live in Hamilton. I'll try to master adding photos one day.
my48chev

Post by my48chev »

Hi

Joined a little while ago.

Wife and I have a 48 Chev 3100.

Have to finish off the interior still.

Bit of reading to do now.

Sam

toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Welcome aboard my48chev that's a nice looking pickup you have there, what's it running??
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Mudgy
Old Hand

Post by Mudgy »

G'day Sam,

Welcome. That's a really schmick looking machine !

We all love photos...

Cheers, Mudgy
Good Judgement comes from experience....experience comes from bad judgement.
mr imp

Post by mr imp »

Welcome aboard Sam and that is a nice looking truck.

Come on in to the shed and tell us a little bit about yourself.

And as Mudgy said we love photos
Graham

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it
my48chev

Post by my48chev »

toprodz wrote:Welcome aboard my48chev that's a nice looking pickup you have there, what's it running??
Hi.

It's a 350/350 with 9"
LX clip/4 link rear
Aussie RHD

Built by Lou Mantini from Nowra
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Nice and neat Chev there Sam.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
38Chevy454

Post by 38Chevy454 »

Just checking back in after a 4 year hiatus. Not much changed from before old car-wise, still have my two Utes: 37 Chevy and 37 Ford. Still have my 49 Ford COE and 68 GTO as well. I did sell my namesake 38 Chevy 2 dr sedan with the 454 about a month ago. Since the last time I was on here in 2014, I finished my 52 GMC pickup with Jag IFS and IRS. Been driving it a lot. Nothing too special with a near stock 350 SBC and 700R4, but nice driving setup. Biggest change was moved about 1500 miles (2400 km) cross country. So spent the last year doing a bunch of house, garage and yard stuff since it was a new construction house and a big detached garage that I did a lot of the interior finishing. No car work to speak of in the last year.

My 37 Ford Ute is still needing to be put back together after several years of paint shop hell. It's all painted now and has the 302 SBF/C4 sitting in the car, but still waiting for me to rewire it all, install all glass, adding heat/air cond, new interior needed, and more I'll figure out once i get serious working on it. Had a pretty big local show here with around 1500 cars where I took the 37 Chevy Ute. It was like many of my experiences with the Ute, people have never seen one in person here in USA. I get a lot of comments about did I modify something to build it. No, it is just as it rolled out of Holden factory. Most people like it, once they learn what it is. Most common question is about being RHD and is it hard to drive in LHD world. No, just different to get used to sitting on other side of the car.

Nice to be back and saying hi, need to hang out here more. Terry
Also username 38Chevy454 on HAMB
High Quality Made in USA Bear Claw latches - cheap!
www.hotrodlatches.com
1937 Ford Ute, 1937 Chevy Ute, 1949 Ford COE, 1952 GMC Pickup, 1968 GTO
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi Terry. Welcome back. With regard to RH vs LHD. The reverse happens here. Driving our LHD vehicles on the LH side of the road in a RHD environment gets the same questions on "how do you cope?". Most common drawback is overtaking on a two way traffic minor highway. Another believe it or not I have encountered is kerbside parallel parking. We have a bitumen road and concrete kerbing/gutter. They paint the lines between bays on the bitumen only . In my case looking out the window when close to the kerb has one looking at no visible line to tell me that I have encroached into the next ,or not gone far enough forward. :roll:. Easier though if another vehicle occupies a bay in front though.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31