Trimatic Gurus, Please Help!

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
Shabby T
Old Hand

Re: Trimatic Gurus, Please Help!

Post by Shabby T »

Hey Choco, you could probably get away with using a simple brake light switch on the throttle pedal to control the electric kick down, only needs to be powered up just a tad off full throttle and bingo it will change down.

I rebuilt the trimatic for Barnsley all those years ago, it is out of warranty though.
Cheers,
Terry

That's going straight to the pool room!
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/tan60/images.jpg[/img]
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

Shabby T wrote:Hey Choco, you could probably get away with using a simple brake light switch on the throttle pedal to control the electric kick down, only needs to be powered up just a tad off full throttle and bingo it will change down.

I rebuilt the trimatic for Barnsley all those years ago, it is out of warranty though.
Yep, I think that's the way I'll be going. The factory setup requires a semi-elaborate accelerator rod assembly to accommodate the switch, so a simple mi9cro-switch or brake light switch might be the go.
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

32coupe wrote:For all of those Ozrodders from years ago who would remember Barnsey, this is his old build that he never finnished.
It now belongs to a realy nice guy from Queanbeyan named Danny. I helped Barnsey with the LPG when he had it, and have helped Danny with a few things as well.
I'll just have to go and drink a few of Choco's beers and see what I can do to help finnish it off. OH the sacrifices I make for Beer.
Cheers
Andrew
[sigh] Better stock the fridge, then.
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Choco stocking the fridge should be a pleasure not a chore, then you get to drink it and watch Andrew do the work.
:D :D :D

Regards Newbee
choco
Old Hand

Post by choco »

Newbee wrote:Choco stocking the fridge should be a pleasure not a chore, then you get to drink it and watch Andrew do the work.
:D :D :D

Regards Newbee
All part of my cunning plan!
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

Prolly a bit late, but Gemini's also used Trimatics.
They had a kick-down switch mounted on the RHS kick panel above the throttle.
(When you needed a burst of "power", you could reach under the dash and pull on the switch!)

J
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
choco
Old Hand

Post by choco »

jeffa wrote:Prolly a bit late, but Gemini's also used Trimatics.
They had a kick-down switch mounted on the RHS kick panel above the throttle.
(When you needed a burst of "power", you could reach under the dash and pull on the switch!)

J
Not too late, still looking for a kick down solution. Thanks, this is good info!
olfrt

Post by olfrt »

Use a motorbike rear brake light switch. (eg Postie bike).They have a spring attached, and are completely remote mounted. They can be mounted nearly anywhere.
To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.
Angry

Post by Angry »

32coupe wrote:For all of those Ozrodders from years ago who would remember Barnsey, this is his old build that he never finnished.
It now belongs to a realy nice guy from Queanbeyan named Danny. I helped Barnsey with the LPG when he had it, and have helped Danny with a few things as well.
I'll just have to go and drink a few of Choco's beers and see what I can do to help finnish it off. OH the sacrifices I make for Beer.
Cheers
Andrew

Take one for the team,.....lol

More beer....lol
Al.

64 Ford F100 SWB Patina Pickup
69 Camaro Z28 Clone....