FUNNY NUMBER PLATES

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
King Willy

Re: FUNNY NUMBER PLATES

Post by King Willy »

For a very important date??
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

hudson nut wrote:The plate said "IM LATE". It was on a white VW Rabbit.
from one of the all time great movies for those that didnt know

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DNj8eSf0
Greg N Smith

Post by Greg N Smith »

On a lawyer's yellow Lambo in NSW - LGOPNR !

Challenged but allowed.
38chev

Post by 38chev »

worked with a young bird years ago who was a danger on the road.
after she rearended someone else for the second time, the smash repairer lent her an old commodore "courtesy car" to drive while her car was off the road.
numberplate was YAF-00-L. summed her up perfectly
Pariahs C.C.
rog
Old Hand

Post by rog »

In the movie jeepers creepers, there is a sinister van that has the the plates “BEATNU” I thought at first it meant “beating you”.. but as the film progressed it turned into “be eating you” :lol: :lol: :lol: van sounded good though, hahaha
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

I wonder how many females, either themselves if they owned a vehicle ,or at least drove the family hack back in late 50,s would insist that the Vic Plates "HAG XXX" be changed . I remember back in 64/65 it was reported in the press that "JEW" prefix plates had some folks for whatever motive were wanting them changed.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

True story, living in Sydney I had an FE Holden sedan in the eighties. I replaced its damaged standard plates with new plates when JEW was just the current NSW prefix on standard plates, by coincidence I lived in an Arab area in the south west eventually I had one stop me as I went to drive off and advised me to get rid of them as he thought "JEW" may be seen as offensive, lots more easily offended ignorant people in this country in 2020, maybe its time to leave Australia for somewhere better with more freedoms.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

steve the ford guy wrote:True story, living in Sydney I had an FE Holden sedan in the eighties. I replaced its damaged standard plates with new plates when JEW was just the current NSW prefix on standard plates, by coincidence I lived in an Arab area in the south west eventually I had one stop me as I went to drive off and advised me to get rid of them as he thought "JEW" may be seen as offensive, lots more easily offended ignorant people in this country in 2020, maybe its time to leave Australia for somewhere better with more freedoms.
maybe its time to leave Australia for somewhere better with more freedoms.
i feel its too late Steve

I cant even say on a forum what a lot of people used to call a dog if it was black and it was never intended to offend anyone and didnt people were not so precious back then

what about another plate RU412 :D
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

steve the ford guy wrote:maybe its time to leave Australia for somewhere better with more freedoms.
when you find utopia steve...let us know......in all my travels i found the one thing everytime....AUSTARLIA is not such a bad place :D
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

jailbar joe wrote:
steve the ford guy wrote:maybe its time to leave Australia for somewhere better with more freedoms.
when you find utopia steve...let us know......in all my travels i found the one thing everytime....AUSTARLIA is not such a bad place :D
i have to agree Joe prob my answer was worded wrongly as usual :oops: :oops:
i have been to a few countries over the yrs even owned (partner) in a business o/seas in late 80,s cant beat Aus :D :D
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

Agree Australia was a great country as one who did his time in the Army to keep
this country great the problem today is it is being dictated to by lunatic greenies and leftie communist arse lickers
mike
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

zedman8 wrote:Agree Australia was a great country as one who did his time in the Army to keep
this country great the problem today is it is being dictated to by lunatic greenies and leftie communist arse lickers
mike
Thanks for your supportive comments guys, being retired now, I often think of an unusual comment a young apprentice made to me back in the eighties "Life is really disappointing". I think things improved when I stopped relying on friends and relatives, most of my friends I've now realised were narcissists, plus my remaining close family members never visit or contact me. With what's going on now I wished I had moved to America 20 years ago, everything is so expensive here, houses, tradespeople, electricity plus service is non existent unless you find the right people, lots of idiots out there spruiking for business, of course Australia is great, it's the selfish and virtue signalling people in this country that continue to disappoint me.
hudson nut

Post by hudson nut »

I saw this one on a 48 Ford yesterday on my way home from work... 4 NICK 8

Dany
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

hudson nut wrote:I saw this one on a 48 Ford yesterday on my way home from work... 4 NICK 8

Dany
took a minute to sink in Dany doh got it now mate :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol:
the older i get the slower i become if thats possible :lol: :lol:
cheers Dave
NAGARI51

Post by NAGARI51 »

steve the ford guy wrote:
zedman8 wrote:Agree Australia was a great country as one who did his time in the Army to keep
mike
Thanks for your supportive comments guys, being retired now, I often think of an unusual comment a young apprentice made to me back in the eighties "Life is really disappointing". I think things improved when I stopped relying on friends and relatives, most of my friends I've now realised were narcissists, plus my remaining close family members never visit or contact me. With what's going on now I wished I had moved to America 20 years ago, everything is so expensive here, houses, tradespeople, electricity plus service is non existent unless you find the right people, lots of idiots out there spruiking for business, of course Australia is great, it's the selfish and virtue signalling people in this country that continue to disappoint me.
As a guy who did move overseas many years ago (met and married a beautiful foreign lady) and remain living overseas everything is a compromise. I feel for you about close family the same happened to me. But my friends who went to live in America in the mid 90's are now bailing out due to America's utter failure in the pandemic. And we have lost a few friends. Truthfully I think I was blessed to grow up in Adelaide in the 50's and 60's post pill and pre HIV and in a car mad environment. As a young married guy in the 70's building and racing street machines and kit cars. And even up to recently pre pandemic clubbing and pubbing here with rock concerts regularly. Cannot see that lifestyle happening again, anywhere, ever. And truthfully there is no place like Oz. You can take the boy out of Oz but not Oz out of the boy. and as a Aussie citizen the one place you are welcome and easily fit in is Australia. And its safe. My kids bitch about the cost of living but from my multiple trips to the States over 25 years I would never call it safe. Cheap yes, out in the boonies. Our car hobby is cheap there too but medical costs overwhelm everything. Paradise is where you make it.