350 chev bending push rods

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
mercury mitch

350 chev bending push rods

Post by mercury mitch »

As heading states 350 crate motor about 400 miles and it bent a push rod , put another one in went for short run and sounds like its done it again, I will look tomorrow
Life is a learning curve, endevour to learn something new every day jees I hope I never get alz alz alz alz
jeffa
Old Hand

Re: 350 chev bending push rods

Post by jeffa »

mercury mitch wrote:As heading states 350 crate motor about 400 miles and it bent a push rod , put another one in went for short run and sounds like its done it again, I will look tomorrow
Same pushrod? Maybe wrong valve spring bottoming? Could be a whole host of reasons.
Lets us know what you see.
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Tight valve in the guide , is it a rebuilt motor ? .
scott
mercury mitch

Post by mercury mitch »

Pulled the tappet cover off to find a collapsed lifter , so put the cover back on and pushed it in the corner for later. Started to assemble my 302 only to find they sent a Chrysler gasket set, cant win a trick
Life is a learning curve, endevour to learn something new every day jees I hope I never get alz alz alz alz
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

mercury mitch wrote:Pulled the tappet cover off to find a collapsed lifter , so put the cover back on and pushed it in the corner for later. Started to assemble my 302 only to find they sent a Chrysler gasket set, cant win a trick
At least your whole set was the one brand.A while back I bought a Felpro SBC gasket set.All good except the rocker cover gaskets were Cleveland :shock:
mercury mitch

Post by mercury mitch »

Took the manifold off and found the lifter clip had come off ,the clip and cap were in the valley but the metering valve is missing in action. Must be in the sump, big job to get sump off , the motor has to come out.Other option is leave it in sump and buy another lifter and swap the valve over
mercury mitch

Post by mercury mitch »

Fixed the lifter and bought a set of roller rockers,fixed the problem.When i originally set the rockers there was two rockers that didnot sit right on the valve top,any way seems ok now.
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

hopefully the metering valve wont get in the way of anything. You could invest in a magnetic sump plug, or a strong magnet stuck on the outside of the sump near the drain plug, so if the valve finds its way to the magnet it will stay there.
What about draining the sump and using an inspection camera?
This might even do, and maybe reach it:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32446678529 ... 1438.l2649
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?