Hudson Club event

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
jeffa
Old Hand

Re: Hudson Club event

Post by jeffa »

Being a bit of a Hudson/Essex nut myself, that would have been a great event to go to !

Looks like everyone had a good time. Nice cars too.

Thing about the US, you see a lot of different body styles, even in "lesser known" makes.
Here in Oz, cars like Hudsons, Essex's etc were usually just the basic 4-door models.
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
hudson nut

Re: Hudson Club event

Post by hudson nut »

Gojeep wrote:You have done something that I never can! I live on a unit sized block and would freak out trying to organise something like this.

Glad you got a good turn out and it all went well. :)

Thanks Marcus... My wife really deserves 95% of the credit... I believe the success of an event like this hinges around the food. I have attended events, where the food was terrible, and that is the only thing I remember, no matter how good everything else may have been. I think a lot of people feel the same way, and may not even realize it. I cleared out a large section of my shop to set up the tables, and have an indoor area for the slide show, and allow access for people to walk around the four cars that we left inside, and we put up the big canopy, so there was a shady area with seating for people to lounge about and visit. All of this would not have meant much to anyone if the food wasn't good. As far as turnout, we never really know what to expect, and that's hard. Everyone has a family life that should take priority over this car hobby, and we understand that. Kaylene and I joke about it a little bit, and say "Feed them, and they will come".... It seems to be true. It is a lot of work, but we enjoy it, and people keep coming back, so we will probably keep doing it.

Dany
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe