Shipping from the U.S.

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
36 roadster

Shipping from the U.S.

Post by 36 roadster »

Anyone recommend a freight forwarder/consolidator in the U.S. to send parts here? I used to have a Shipito account a few years ago, but have heard that they have gone downhill.
.....insert witty comment here.....
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Re: Shipping from the U.S.

Post by 46 deluxe »

I used Rob Thompson many moons ago to bring a car over for me , maybe it's worth contacting him and asking if he will do it ?
https://www.hemi.com.au/contact_us.html
scott
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

There is a number of advertisers in "Just Cars" magazine offering services . Plenty of service providers ,like one I used for vehicles went by the wayside once the Asbestos compliance came into effect Jan 2017 Bad time now, our AUD is hovering down at 70 cents and container chargers have sky rocketted.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Yeah with the dollar dropping , shipping costs going up and up , and all the import rules i'm surprised people are still bringing cars into the country .
They must be getting them dirt cheap Frank .
It's a venture i'll never do again , i'll just buy something that's already here .
scott
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Getting harder over in the US to get "cheap" . I regularly keep checking the prices over there in both dealer and private classifieds by particular vehicle. Prices on the up. Eg One Family business dealer in Georgia specializing in Pick ups, was turning over $12K -$20k USD Early F trucks and Chevs . Majority in that range, with road test and video walk around and underside scan with his camera hiding nothing, selling quick Not many now are under $20k. They are creeping $20k-$30k. Another dealer in Iowa was selling plenty ,he has videos walk around and drive test. He had plenty turning over sub $20k. Now his cheapies are over $20k and his prices are up into the much higher range. Plenty over $50k. I was looking at one stage thinking of getting a 55/56 Customline or my favourite that I once had in the late 60,s ,a 57. Which was ours with the US 55/56 Fairlane trim. Prices here rocketted and hardly any for sale, cheaper in the US. Then our AUD collapsed and the US prices have shot up also. No win now. The last Customline I looked at not long back was a very nice Star Model at Pickles Auction with a 351. Thought of bidding, watched it stall from creeping bids at $25k . Waited until the last day, crept into the $30k,s ,then two went hammer and tongs in the last half hour. Vehicle was in Tassie , successful buyer was up in QLD. I estimate that with the final bid , quoted delivery charge of $1500 and buyers premium, that Ford ended up in his driveway for around $58k. Locally a nice survivor 54 was passed in at $33k. Anyway chucking that idea aside We now have a 66 Fairlane 500. After all of that, checking ads in "Just Cars" has prices well and truly up. No doubt due to the higher cost of Shipping/Asbestos compliance/AUD and US higher prices. They are savvy now with their own market and overseas demand like Aus , UK and Sweden. Try buying our 60,s Falcons now for non eye watering prices. Anything with devotees has created the supply/demand scenario.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
36 roadster

Post by 36 roadster »

I am only looking for sending / consolidating small parts , not an importer.
.....insert witty comment here.....