Pat Ganahl

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Andyd

Pat Ganahl

Post by Andyd »

Pat Ganahl, hotrodder, was killed racing his vintage GMC dragster last weekend, possibibly due to a medical issue..........he was involved with US Street Rodder magazine in the 1980's, was instrumental in the republication of Rod & Custom Magazine in 1989, a long time contributor to The Rodders Journal, an Author of a number of Hot Rod & Custom Car themed and History books and a Model Car builder.............I never met nor spoke to the man but through his writings felt that he knew me.............my condolences go to his family and friends....he will be missed...........Andy Douglas
Twin Spinner

Re: Pat Ganahl

Post by Twin Spinner »

Andyd wrote:Pat Ganahl, hotrodder, was killed racing his vintage GMC dragster last weekend, possibibly due to a medical issue..........he was involved with US Street Rodder magazine in the 1980's, was instrumental in the republication of Rod & Custom Magazine in 1989, a long time contributor to The Rodders Journal, an Author of a number of Hot Rod & Custom Car themed and History books and a Model Car builder.............I never met nor spoke to the man but through his writings felt that he knew me.............my condolences go to his family and friends....he will be missed...........Andy Douglas
:(
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

sad news indeed i met him thru my uncle in the states when i was there my uncle an american marine (RIP) was a rodder starting in the 30s and a lot of Pats vintage pics came from him

RIP and thanks Pat for the years of reporting on rodding and all things related and lately the monthly emails :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DNj8eSf0
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

Sounds like he died doing what he loves.. 8) 8)
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !