Batwings for an Old school build

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
steve the ford guy

Batwings for an Old school build

Post by steve the ford guy »

I'm wanting to fit a 34 Ford dropped beam front axle with a four bar on my build. Trying to find out what was used in the sixties before Pete and Jake's introduction of the modern four bar which was based on 60's Chevrolet rear panhard bars. A search on Speedway motors came up with a pair of Hairpin Batwings, I expect they used clevis with these back then, Im thinking of using Heim rod ends to allow some movement. Is this how it was done back in those days? I can't find anything about how they did it back then. This car is being built for display purposes only.
steve the ford guy

Re: Batwings for an Old school build

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Speedway-Bo ... 632-2357-0
Maybe I should just try and find out from looking through my mountains of old hotrod magazines :wink:
steve the ford guy

Well I found instagram is much easier to image search than FB. And 60's hotrods are there in numbers, got the Batwings now and the clevis mounting holes measure 10mm/3/8" dia, I'm going to have them drilled out to a 1/2" hole and fit 1/2" Heim ends. I'm finding the progress is slow building a hotrod. :wink:
thatold.chevy

Post by thatold.chevy »

steve the ford guy wrote:Well I found instagram is much easier to image search than FB. And 60's hotrods are there in numbers, got the Batwings now and the clevis mounting holes measure 10mm/3/8" dia, I'm going to have them drilled out to a 1/2" hole and fit 1/2" Heim ends. I'm finding the progress is slow building a hotrod. :wink:
wait until you find pinterest...!