Project 56 F100

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Sudsy

Re: Project 56 F100

Post by Sudsy »

heven67 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 pm Finally got a date with the engineer, but he tells me the offset on the front is not right, I have zero offset and he tells me must be +21 To +33. Bugger I need a set of front wheels.
I'd find another engineer. Should only be a problem when you go - offset. Zero is normally fine for everything
Regards Bob
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:51 am
heven67 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:33 pm Finally got a date with the engineer, but he tells me the offset on the front is not right, I have zero offset and he tells me must be +21 To +33. Bugger I need a set of front wheels.
I'd find another engineer. Should only be a problem when you go - offset. Zero is normally fine for everything
Depends on what front end was used as that determines what offset you can have. On a car not allowed to go more than 25mm wider in the track and 50mm for a 4wd. So a car front end only 12.5mm per side of offset change of whatever the the front end came out of. So if the car front end had +25mm offset wheels, you can fit up to +12.5mm. This will give a 25mm wider track.
https://www.islandtyres.com.au/technica ... in%20total.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Depends on what front end was used as that determines what offset you can have. On a car not allowed to go more than 25mm wider in the track and 50mm for a 4wd. So a car front end only 12.5mm per side of offset change of whatever the the front end came out of. So if the car front end had +25mm offset wheels, you can fit up to +12.5mm. This will give a 25mm wider track.
https://www.islandtyres.com.au/technica ... in%20total.
[/quote]

That depends on what state you are in. In SA you can only have zero offset on the front except for Rodtech front ends which you can have 12.5 per side. Rear is 12.5 per side
Regards Bob