OLD SPEED EQUIPMENT

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Re: OLD SPEED EQUIPMENT

Post by pilot Dave »

Harv wrote:
pilot Dave wrote:heres another one anyone remember HAMA exhausts they made extractors and systems they were in coburg
I've seen a few Holden grey motor twin carb manifolds with HAMA cast into them... is this the same mob?

Cheers,
Harv[/quot

pretty sure they never made manifolds didnt hume autoquip have a manifold with hume on it??? not something we ever sold tho
heres a speed o motive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DNj8eSf0
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

pilot Dave wrote:
Twin Spinner wrote:Yep, if we didn't have Lukey mufflers and 2'' copper pipe (stolen from a building site;-) we just weren't part of coolschool :lol: :lol: :lol:
now theres something i had forgotten about the copper pipe that and my mums brasso and an old sock or pair of reg grundies to polish it with
we had McIlwraiths plumbing supplies in Ballarat rd we would get 18" of 2" for the tailpipe :lol: :lol:
lot of the youngsters wouldnt have heard of that and prob not interested these days :roll: :D

the chap who drove the delivery truck his son i went to school with he and his mate had a channeled 36cpe with leaded in boot in red primer i mentioned in another thread wondering what happened to it it was same time i had my 36 cpe
We painted our copper pipe with stove black because the local plods was rite onto us 8)
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zedman8

Post by zedman8 »

Nothing beats the cackle of copper pipe exhaust I ran a 2/12 inch copper pipe from the muffler under the axle of my old mans HR flat out in second down Flinders lane then back off music to the ears .Those were the days
Mike
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

zedman8 wrote:Nothing beats the cackle of copper pipe exhaust I ran a 2/12 inch copper pipe from the muffler under the axle of my old mans HR flat out in second down Flinders lane then back off music to the ears .Those were the days
Mike
i wonder if it will ever come back having a copper pipe :lol: :lol:
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

pilot Dave wrote:
zedman8 wrote:Nothing beats the cackle of copper pipe exhaust I ran a 2/12 inch copper pipe from the muffler under the axle of my old mans HR flat out in second down Flinders lane then back off music to the ears .Those were the days
Mike
i wonder if it will ever come back having a copper pipe :lol: :lol:
Old fashions and trends seem to make comebacks so it wouldn't surprise me :)
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

never say never i spose but nowadays stainless seems to be the exhaust material of choice
wouldnt be many on here that have ever seen it done :D :D
another thing is fox tails i have them on pilot and cusso my dad had them on his cars when he was young
had a guy come up to me at rock n rodz off his head because he said the DNA off my tails could cause an outbreak of foxes in Tassie sad part was he was serious :roll: :lol: :lol:
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

pilot Dave wrote:never say never i spose but nowadays stainless seems to be the exhaust material of choice
wouldnt be many on here that have ever seen it done :D :D
another thing is fox tails i have them on pilot and cusso my dad had them on his cars when he was young
had a guy come up to me at rock n rodz off his head because he said the DNA off my tails could cause an outbreak of foxes in Tassie sad part was he was serious :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Beware them Tazzie fox's :D My old Irish Grandfather was so cunning they recon he used to go up in the hills and teach the Fox's to be even more cunning :twisted:
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

What a bloody idiot he was Dave.
NO foxes in Tassie at all.
A young rich bloke in early 60s in Tassie at the tach school I went
to had ripper copper exhaust.
Genuine GT2 door Cortina.Chuck it back to 3rd at speed and the sound was glorious
coming into the Risdon roundabout :shock: :lol:

Good old days.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

Dave that was when a few were out hunting the non existent foxes that were supposed to be here i think about 50mill was wasted on that one :roll: :lol: :lol:
one guy even went so far as to import a dead one over then "discover"it by the side of the road

oh and now they are collecting those cortinas i know of a gt500 a guy has its first owner was Harry Firth hes the 2nd never ceases to amaze me all late (to me)cars like XD,s etc are now on those special??plates
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

ok some pretty poor pics from one of my old race mags (auto sportsman) these are old speed shops and manafacturers
hama exhausts
Imagenavigate to the nearest fuel station
BP MIDVALE GEORGE REYNOLDS vw drag car and wheel stander
Imageimage uploader free

RAY MOLLOY MINI RACER service stn owner guy who took over that servo up rd from my business Brian Burns got a brown chev cant remember think 56 with a big block from Bob Mummery he also had a boss 302 blue mustang

FRED WHEELHOUSE AND JIM "STUMPY"RUSSELL SPEEDSHOP various w/shops and racers havent spoken to stumpy for a while but is still racing i think
GRAND PRIX LAMINATES spoilers seats etc

Last edited by pilot Dave on Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

above pic and story re gt40.s at le mans for anyone who has seen picture or going to see it

of course Eddies shop needs no introduction to the older guys
Imagegerman little girl names
swifty

Post by swifty »

pilot Dave wrote:ok some pretty poor pics from one of my old race mags (auto sportsman) these are old speed shops and manafacturers
hama exhausts
Imagenavigate to the nearest fuel station
BP MIDVALE GEORGE REYNOLDS vw drag car and wheel stander
Imageimage uploader free

RAY MOLLOY MINI RACER service stn owner guy who took over that servo up rd from my business Brian Burns got a brown chev cant remember think 56 with a big block from Bob Mummery he also had a boss 302 blue mustang

FRED WHEELHOUSE AND JIM "STUMPY"RUSSELL SPEEDSHOP various w/shops and racers havent spoken to stumpy for a while but is still racing i think
GRAND PRIX LAMINATES spoilers seats etc

Stumpy Russell is still very active in Historic and Hillclimb racing in what I gather is a new build Ford V8 Special. Have seen him at the 2 Wintons, Phillip Island Historics and the Maldon Hillclimb. The car has evolved over time from a bare chassis with running gear to an alloy bodied special which is as neat as. He probably competes at other events such as Geelong Sprints, Rob Roy Hillclimb but I haven't been to them.

pilot Dave
Old Hand

Post by pilot Dave »

i knew he had the old v8 race car and was doing well but lost touch i havent bought auto action for 20years so only know what others convey to me
i keep getting asked to get over for the historics as a couple of my cars run in them better pull my finger out :wink: :lol: :lol:
i had a lot of pics of myself and others competing at templestowe hill climb but not really hotrod stuff for here i spose :cry:
spinner50

Post by spinner50 »

I,ve got one of those Mallory rev pol dissies sitting on the shelf , 4 lobe dual points probably suit a vintage correct build .