Finally got to 1000 posts.

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Brootal
Old Hand

Finally got to 1000 posts.

Post by Brootal »

Well... after challenging Carps that he would never catch me and subsequently getting my arse handed to me on a plate, I've finally got to the magic 1000 mark. Not sure what's magical about it, so don't ask. :)

As is a bit of a tradition on the HAMB, most people try to make something special of reaching this "milestone". I don't really have anything profound to say, but just thought I'd say something anyway.

I joined this board very shortly after it was created and was instantly impressed with how well it was put together and how well organised it is. Being a veteran of many other car forums, I've witnessed many of them evolve from rather simple and disorganised beginnings to something similar to the HRI forum, only it took them 3 or 4 years. It's a real testament to Greg and Dave that they jumped in with both feet and did the job right in the first place. It's one of the most organised and well run forums going, anywhere.

Personally, the forum has allowed me to meet a bunch of people, stay in touch with people I already know and most importantly, to actually learn something on occassion, although, I must admit that I mainly come here for the social aspect and to hang shit on Carps. ;)

The forum has also given me the chance to spread the word a little more about my website (that's http://www.the-rumbler.com for those of you that don't know :)), which in turn has helped create an opportunity where I have been able to get "work" doing what I love doing. Talking and writing about Hot Rods, Customs and modified cars in general.

I'd like to send a HUGE thanks to Larry O'Toole for actually using my photos and story from the 2002 Rat Rod Day and various other events, which in turn has allowed me to do work for Street Machine magazine. In the short time I've been freelancing with them I've met some great people and been up close and personal with some of the best cars in the country.

I feel that the amount of stuff I've written on this forum and more importantly read, has helped me develop some of that skills that are required to talk about cars with both knowledge and passion.

Anyway, that's enough gushing from me, I'm actually meant to be writing a feature story on the Cowin dragster, so I'd better get going.

So once again, thanks to Greg and Dave for putting together this great place where guys like me can hang out.

Cheers. :D
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

Yeah..Yeah..when your famous, you'll forget about us lowly ladder steps..You'll be too busy rubbing shoulders with the motoring elite...we'll be a dim dark memory :) ...All kidding aside, its great that you can do what you love as a full time occupation...well that makes 2 guys I know that love their job that much...and no guesses who the other is, but it aint me :wink:

PS...The Marconi club is on this Friday night if you want to venture out. There is usually a few Dragens there as well...but I suspect a lot will be at WinterSun...where we will be next year.
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
ripper

Post by ripper »

Well done on your Free-lancing Skip...I mean Boris!

Well done on your 1000 posts. Your 1000 posts here has far more legitimacy here than some other forums as the spelling here is generally very good thus not requiring you to post corrections as often ;-)

haha!

Seriously, good on ya & thanks also for photos & your 2 bobs worth.
Now hurry up & get far more well known cos the Street Machine club down here will probably buy you beer & trinkets to come to a meeting.

Mate there's a bunch of HT-K-G Monaros you just gotta see & photogtaph!!!
ripper

Post by ripper »

just noticed you joined the day before me yet you're just under 800 posts in front of me.
Don't muck around do ya?

cheers
;-)
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

lame effort comapred to Frog over at ski.com.au. 40,000 posts!!!! The man is a machine! You've got a long waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to go.... :P
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
Brett.C
Old Hand

Post by Brett.C »

40,000 posts on one forum :shock:
Thatís not a milestone thatís an indictment :roll:

Congrats on reaching the ton times ten Boris.
And congrats on becoming a freelancer. I guess you get to ride in a better class of hotrod now :lol:

BTW when youíre famous you wonít forget us coz weíll always be there to drag you back down :wink:
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

I guessed you must have been actually working, as your posts here of late have dropped off. :D

Hell with a ringing endorsement, maybe I better pick up a copy of 'new car' magazine and have a look :D :D

Or are you really just following in the bearded ones footsteps and getting a free promotional plug in!......

So where is the next free junket
Outback

Post by Outback »

Onya Brootal,

Congrats on the 1000 posts, an may there be a 1000 more! hehehe

anyways, look forward to hearing more wise words....

(BCAL) And congrats on becoming a freelancer. I guess you get to ride in a better class of hotrod now :lol:
Does this mean the Rod Rider (C) will never ride in my rod :evil: sniff

Outback
Nothing is worth having, that isn't worth waiting for!
Brett.C
Old Hand

Post by Brett.C »

does this mean the Rod Rider (C) will never ride in my rod sniff
Gee I'm glad you said "in my rod" there Outback.
One mistake typing that would have created a mental image that would have scarred us all for life :shock:
Mike
Old Hand

Post by Mike »

well done !! 1000 posts ..... think i got about 70 and my finger is a 1/2 inch shorter .. guess i'll have to learn to use 2 !!
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Re: Finally got to 1000 posts.

Post by choco »

Brootal wrote:Well... after challenging Carps that he would never catch me and subsequently getting my arse handed to me on a plate, I've finally got to the magic 1000 mark.
So fargin what?
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Brootal
Old Hand

Re: Finally got to 1000 posts.

Post by Brootal »

choco wrote:
Brootal wrote:Well... after challenging Carps that he would never catch me and subsequently getting my arse handed to me on a plate, I've finally got to the magic 1000 mark.
So fargin what?
:lol:

Exactly the response I was expecting from you Choco.

I love you man.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

Its his prose that makes his books such a great read :D

You should feel special that he felt the need to comment on your ability to reach such a milestone :wink:
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

Post by choco »

Flatoz wrote:Its his prose that makes his books such a great read :D

You should feel special that he felt the need to comment on your ability to reach such a milestone :wink:
I write for Street Machine magazine, too. Watch for upcoming articles. That makes me and Boris BROTHERS!
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

Is that like that movie 'Twins' :lol: