Jungle jim drag car FJ

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
Bomber

Re: Jungle jim drag car FJ

Post by Bomber »

I would say that was the remains of one of Jimmy Colthups cars. He ran under the name "Jungle Jim" for many years starting out with a Customline in the 60's.The Colhtup Boys came from CHURCHILL I think.
38chevcoup

Post by 38chevcoup »

COUP NEEDS BODY WORK FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS MUST SELL 57 CADY THEN GO THE 38 CHASS ALL DON REGARDS JIM.
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Welcome aboard Jim. I am sure you will be able to add to many of our history posts and maybe find some old names in there you know. I will move this post into the history section.
Dave Petrusma
JCXR55

Post by JCXR55 »

Gidday James I hope I got the info right about your "J", regards to you and Leslie
John Curlis
Ray McDonald

Post by Ray McDonald »

If Jim could post some pics of his 38 Chev Coupe, the chassis and suspension is absolutely amazing.

Ray
Intelligence and wisdom come with age - Growing up is optional
slightlydangerous
Location: The Dusty Adelaide Plains Home of the Mighty Crows & A Slightly Dangerous Dragster

Post by slightlydangerous »

Jim gave me the go ahead to post his pics

I live life in the fast lane but my hair just couldn't keep up!!

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk, I go to parties
caterham2

Re: well

Post by caterham2 »

pilot Dave wrote:around that time there was in FJ,s in vic Peter Clarke ,(pirate Pete)Brian Kewin (kewins automatics)Kevin Seckold(???) shit cant remember the rest :oops: I have them (some)on a vhs transfered from a 8mm film back then :lol:
Peter Clarkes car was "The inch pincher", Kevin Seckold had a number of cars with the names : Seck see one, Seck see too etc, one was an Fj, the other was an obscenely fast 4 cylinder Hillman Husky station wagon, from memory ran in the high 13/ low 14 sec area. All arrived on a transporter named Seck see tender.
JCXR55

Post by JCXR55 »

Kevin had the FJ, Barry had the Hillman wagon and Gary Barker had a Hillman ute.
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

Garry Barker Hot Stuff