WhosGoing2Greazefest?

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Mr34

WhosGoing2Greazefest?

Post by Mr34 »

Anyone going to Greazefest on Sunday 1st August?
Would be interesting to see some HRI there, put a face to a name so to speak....

Maybe we could wear a red rose on our lapel hahahahahehehehehe (kidding)

ok, off to class, bye..................
Mr34
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

I've had a "Greazefest?" post up for about a week now Mr34. Obviously I must have typed it in invisible ink with the lack of response.

I'll be in Brisbane that weekend, but doing some IT work. I'll be there, but not sure for how long or when exactly. I'm more interested in seeing the bands. Friday night sounds like a good one with Hank's Jalopy Demons and 3 or 4 other bands.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Pep
Old Hand

Re: WhosGoing2Greazefest?

Post by Pep »

Mr34 wrote:Anyone going to Greazefest on Sunday 1st August?
Would be interesting to see some HRI there, put a face to a name so to speak....

Maybe we could wear a red rose on our lapel hahahahahehehehehe (kidding)

ok, off to class, bye..................

I wish....next year maybe....definitely I will at Wintersun next year.....Already booked the accommodation.
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
Mr34

Post by Mr34 »

Brootal wrote:I've had a "Greazefest?" post up for about a week now Mr34. Obviously I must have typed it in invisible ink with the lack of response.
Ok found it now, must have had blinkers on. You can slap me on sunday for being so blind...
Mr34
30Tudor

Post by 30Tudor »

I will be there. I have only just deciphered that the guest who posted the earlier question was Brootal. Sorry Brootal, I didn't respond because Mummy won't let me speak to strangers. :lol:

Look me up, I won't make the dance gigs, but will be there somewhere, Sat & Sun.

poida
"It's Not Unusual."
Last edited by 30Tudor on Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30Tudor

Post by 30Tudor »

Craig Stare from Christchurch, a regular correspondent for various Hot Rod mags on both sides of the Tasman, will be there also. I haven't seen Craig for nearly 30 years, but he owned my Model A body prior to the bloke I bought it from, and has photos of it when it was first chopped, in the sixties.

He rang last week to say he would be here, and is bringing the pictures with him, so now I am definitely going to GreaserFest!

If anyone wants to say gidday, send me a PM and I'll give you my mobile telephonic responder unit number.

Poida

Post by Mike »

Craig Stares ..... now theres a name from years back .. never met the bloke but remember a really wild A40 he ran !!
30Tudor

Post by 30Tudor »

Craig built the "Street Fighter" after I returned home, then sold it in the States. See it at http://www.austinworks.com/gas-mid.html

The septic tank who owns it rang Craig recently - ask him the details at GreasyFester.

Poida

Post by Mr34 »

This has probably been mentioned before somewhere, but it would be good to get a HRI T shirt or Hat so that in the circumstance that one is attending a hot rod event, fellow HRI members can locate other members through the packed crowd and say "Hi..... Who the hell r u dude" or "Whoa check out the **** on that!" for example.

(note: "****" can relate to a car part or a female body part...)
Mr34
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

I'm easy to spot.

I'm the cool looking guy. Greasy hair, boots, jeans and a Hot Rod T-shirt.

Don't worry, you'll see me. :)
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

Brootal wrote: I'm easy to spot.

Don't worry, you'll see me. :)
Riding shotgun in someone elses roadster no doubt..........
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Had enough of being other places, decided here at home was a better place to attend today.

Great weather, the '33 is in the stret waiting to go visiting people. :D
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

So, what was it like...We had a mini geaze fest at Asfield Rissole on Saturday night...Wes Pudsey and The Sonic Aces were on...Quite a few rockabilly types in attendance..A great night....I think I had the wildest shirt though :wink:
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Greazefest was great. Got there pretty late on the Fri night, in time to see Miss Teresa and Her Western Rhythmaires and Hank's Jalopy Demons. Caught up with quite a few old friends from Perth as well a few from Sydney.

Sat night was a ripper, got there earlier and saw all of the bands. Big act was Big Sandy from the US, backed by a bunch of Aussie musos they were great.

Sunday wasn't too good. I think the beer was off... or it was that ONE Bacardi and Coke I had... :(

Got down there around 10:30 to catch the car show. There was some neat stuff there and I took a bunch of pics and caught some of the music. Had to leave early as I had to work (but not until I had a little lie down).

Top weekend with some great bands and a good vibe. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, no aggro and a big dance floor. Highly recommended. :)