NEWS FLASH - MEDIA RELEASE

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
choco
Old Hand
Location: Jerrabomberra, NSW, where, on a crisp winter's morning you can hear the Chevs rusting.

NEWS FLASH - MEDIA RELEASE

Post by choco »

Just released.......

Hot Rodders take on fiery focus

Canberra Rod and Kustom Krooze incorporates auto auction in support of rural fire affected

The Canberra Rod and Kustom Krooze is one of the most popular events for owners of pre 64 cars on the east coast. Traditionally held on the Australia Day weekend, it normally attracts over 500 participants and 200 gleaming vehicles from all over NSW and Vic. After last weekend, it looked like the event may have been on the long list of cancellations. But thanks to the support of interstate and local rod clubs, this has all been turned around.
Calls of support started coming from interstate rodders who still planned to visit Canberra this weekend, but also wanted to do what they could to help the fire victims. Within a few days, the Sydney rodders had rallied together and collected trailer loads of sparkling new car parts and accessories to auction. With further support from local companies, there is now a huge collection going up for auction as part of the weekendís activities, with all the money going to the rural communities of Tharwa, Cuppacumbalong, Naas and Brindabella.
ìItís great that our event can go ahead, but most importantly, the support shown from interstate hot rodders for Canberra fire victims is just fantasticî said Terry Falkingham, run coordinator. ìWe decided to donate all the money raised to Canberraís outlying rural communities, who are desperate for assistance with fencing and stock feedî.
Presented annually by the Canberra Hot Rod Association, the weekend activities this year take on participation in the Australia day celebrations, presenting a ìShowíníShine at Commonwealth Place on Sunday between 9 and 12; cruises around Canberra and lots of activities for the entrants at their home base, the White Ibis Tourist Park. The auction will take place at the White Ibis following presentations, around 3pm on Sunday. All car enthusiasts are urged to attend.
For detailed information about the Canberra Rod and Kustom Krooze, contact the Coordinator Terry Falkingham on 0410 471 947, or go to the CHRA website http://www.chra.org.auand click on the link for the Canberra Rod and Kustom Krooze.

ENDS
Media Alert ñ some of the vehicles will travel to a private property at Tharwa on Saturday for a photo shoot among the ashes. Meet at the Tharwa General store at 11am, or contact run coordinator.
Choco Munday, Technical Author, Hot Rod Handbooks
Ph:0412 883 235
Brootal
Old Hand

Re: NEWS FLASH - MEDIA RELEASE

Post by Brootal »

Great news Choco. When I saw that you had posted I thought the worst.

We should be in Canberra by 8 or 9 pm, depending on traffic getting out of town.

choco wrote:Just released.......

Media Alert ñ some of the vehicles will travel to a private property at Tharwa on Saturday for a photo shoot among the ashes. Meet at the Tharwa General store at 11am, or contact run coordinator.
Are these the feature cars we were talking about? If it is I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't know if it would be in good taste or not.

Sounds like it'll be a blast.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Borris (yeah I know, but with two Rs it's almost Barris :lol: ),
I'm sure the shoot will be in good taste. Forrest fires are a fact of life here in Oz and to photograph the aftermath is an important part of the grieving process for those directly involved and one of the best things that can be done to help educate others of the dangers of irresponsible actions.

Bad taste, is when people who have nothing to do with the event head out to where it happend cruising the streest where homes and lives were lost, for no other reason than to gawk and feeed their sadistic, vouyeristic tendencies. After the big one here six years ago, we actually had to close off our neighbourhood streets because of the volume of tourist traffic. The fact our fire continued to burn for a week after it was bought under control didn't seem to bother them and those people become a liability blocking streets and getting in the way of the people who were trying to finalise the thing and help bring life back to normal. This is one of the things, but not the main influence that prompted me to rethink attending CRAKK. Much as I'd love to be there, I'd only be a spectator and I don't think Canberra needs any more spectators. That said, I also believe CRAKK and any other planned social activities must go on and I salute all the folks who have turned out with their rods and kustoms out to help show that Aussies will not be stopped from living life to the max buy a little uncontrollable devastation.

I'm sure your 'shoot' will be undertaken in the best of taste and I'm looking forward to seeing some sensational shots on your web sight.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.