REPCO CROSSFLOW HEADS FOR GREY MOTORS

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Andyd

Re: REPCO CROSSFLOW HEADS FOR GREY MOTORS

Post by Andyd »

Yblock.........that's a black one..........any chance you could check if it ever lived in Springwood NSW?.......would help to confirm I wasn't dreaming..lol........andyd
GreyEJ

Post by GreyEJ »

Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

How many of these heads would you like - if they were $325.00 ea today? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come to think of it, that was a bloody lot of money back in the day.
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

I had a EJ wagon I did up in the 1980 it went well and looked great but I was told that some one had a Jag 6cyl head on a grey motor but did not get round to doing any thing about
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
yblock32

Post by yblock32 »

Andyd wrote:Yblock.........that's a black one..........any chance you could check if it ever lived in Springwood NSW?.......would help to confirm I wasn't dreaming..lol........andyd
Andy, the motor in that pic is in a black FX ute. I don't know much about it but to the best of my knowledge was built by local(Shepparton) Ray Opie. The little I do know is that in '87 my older bro built those stainless headers for it. I was working for Ian at the time and got the job of polishing the pipes prior to final fitment. I learnt a valuable lesson about how stainless retains heat when polishing. I burnt my forearm on one of the pipes because there was a small gap between my gloves and overall sleeves. Maybe there's someone else on here with more knowledge on this car ?
Cranksters Rod and Kustom Club Vic.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Yblock...thanks, the one I saw was a sedan...........thanks andyd
greyfc

Post by greyfc »

greyfc

Post by greyfc »

[youtube]23p95nDJT8Q[/youtube]
GreyEJ

Re:

Post by GreyEJ »

30Tudor wrote:
Have a mate up here in Q'ld who has an original Repco x-flow on his FX sedan.
Mark, do mean John Keane?

His humpy is at the bottom of the page...
http://www.hotrodfeatures.com/Feature0305.htm

GreyEJ

Re:

Post by GreyEJ »

30Tudor wrote:
Have a mate up here in Q'ld who has an original Repco x-flow on his FX sedan.
Mark, do mean John Keane?

His humpy is at the bottom of the page...
http://www.hotrodfeatures.com/Feature0305.htm

and

Article now at: http://www.hotrodfeatures.com/Features/Feat0305.html
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

I wonder I that FX was the one I saw in Springwood NSW 30 odd yrs ago......................andyd
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Grazza wrote:How many of these heads would you like - if they were $325.00 ea today? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come to think of it, that was a bloody lot of money back in the day.
It was indeed $2 for every pound at the decimal change over in 66. I imagine these heads would have come in early to mid 60,s in the "golden years" of hotting up Holdens where 48-215s and FJ s were being treated to shaved heads twin carbs, extractors ,cams referred to by " race" ie one qtr. half . three qtr . full . and lightened flywheels . And the obligatory floor shift.

Putting the 167 quid cost of the crossflow head into perspective . This would be in 1966 converted to some $334 . A lot of dosh for teens on some $40 or less per week who could purchase the above vehicles that were in abundance for sums of $80 ,some cheaper, some more. The upper figures would get a later model such as FE/FC. Later around 1970 Parked outside a car yard . I picked up a traded in British racing green FC with an English 4 speed box fitted for $39. It was registered and gave me transport whilst my Cussy was off the road for a heart transplant. an exhaust leak fix had it R ,Worthy. Makes you wonder how many heads were sold, given that the price was a hell of a lot higher than the cost of the vehicles. My guess is that these were mostly picked up by the competition fraternity rather than your neighbourhood kids.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

My 1940 Dodge was $15.00 in Sept 1971............tho' he originally wanted $40.00........lol............but it was registered so $15 wasn't too bad.......andyd
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Yep Andy.
Back then everyone ....or most wanted the Fords, overlooking the neglected bargains .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
mercury mitch

Post by mercury mitch »

I know of a bloke who has 5 xflow repco heads,i don't know why you would 5

I also saw one about 40 years ago that was ported so much it had a hole through to the water gallery you could poke your finger in.
Life is a learning curve, endevour to learn something new every day jees I hope I never get alz alz alz alz