45 years of Custom Auto Chassis Eng.

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
ripper

Post by ripper »

A BIIIIG well earnt congrats Col n Kris.
Classy work for 35 years is an immense acheivment
Very well done 8) 8)
May the vehicle you use to get there...
Become the reason for going
Leo

Post by Leo »

Congratulation Old Col and young Kris :wink: :wink: :wink:
LEO
the flamin old fart
[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/Leo1927/2AHRF.jpg[/img]
doolzy

Post by doolzy »

Congratulations on 35 years col and kris, i would like to thank you for getting me into rod and customs.

Cheers
Craig[/b]
'26bits

Post by '26bits »

Great effort Col and many thanks for posting. :D
Didn't you also find time to help get a certain Street Rodding Magazine up and running in the latter part of the 70s?

Ian.
Gravity is overated. The earth Sux.

Oz-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club
Member#80
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Nope, I was in the ASR a fair bit thanks to Larry's generosity, but you're thinking of Colin Hall...cheers, Col.
devilrod
Old Hand

Post by devilrod »

Congrats Col and Kris on a great achievment, definitely top quality stuff.

I also know just how helpful Col is firsthand. My roadster owes him a big thanks due to a synchro assembly he so generously gave me.
Speed and Style.... One day I'll get the speed bit!
coupe36

Post by coupe36 »

Congrats Col & Kris on the 35 yrs

Didn't you also own a black Ford '39 coupe that I used to droooool over? (not literally :? )
Nekronomicon63

Post by Nekronomicon63 »

Congratulations. Who does all your paint work?? And who's that striping the 36??
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Hiya '36 Coupe, do you mean this one...?...

....yes... :)

....doin' a little work, bringing home our '57 pickup....

....loading a Willys,Peter Eames doin' the steering chores......

....and in company with our Chevy roadster at Warburton T/Birds run.....

Hot Rod Fred asked about pics of his '37 Sedan,but the only pic I have of Freds C-dan is this one in the background...sorry Fred...you'll have to do 'em yourself.... :lol: ....got a few of your Roadster tho.....

pics are a bit scabby from being on the workshop wall for about 15 years.... :roll: .....

here's some more oldies...

these are about '71/72.....my gearbox eatin' '39 Sedan , Y block and flatty boxes don't mix well.... :roll: :lol:

The '37 hauling the '32 is what later became the orange '39 pictured earlier.....21 stud Flathead and loaded trailer startin' off up the hill ?....no problem..... :lol:

This one is a gennie '39 Roadster, a very rare car....it's on the frame that later went under the Black US '39 Coupe.....just fitted up the 396 and Jag rear,HT frontend......when I got the opportunity to buy the Coupe shell, I sold off the Roadster bod......it's now a restored car in Castlemaine..... :roll:

This is the Coupe shell as it arrived.....a bit beat up but totally rustless....I like that .... :lol:

another old pic, maybe around '76.....

and this one at Narrandera Nats in '73....

Some more construction stuff....this time a '40 Willys chassis....Flathead Tragics might like the rows of 97's in the background...... :lol:

...it lives under this '40 Willys Coupe...the Merc Coupe beside it is another complete build from our workshop too...

......still more here if you're not sick of 'em..... :lol: , cheers, Col.
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Nekronomicon63 wrote:Congratulations. Who does all your paint work?? And who's that striping the 36??
Thanks :) ...mostly it's me, but every now n'then when things busy up ,I have a long time friend , (Brendan Burke...who trained with world class painter Peter Leech) who sometimes finishes a body off after I've completed the metal and filler work. HR Fred's roadster is one like that...as is the red pickup cab I showed earlier. The expert striper is Bruce Walker.....magic to watch..... :) , cheers, Col.
Drewfus
Old Hand

Post by Drewfus »

Oldcol wrote:Flathead Tragics might like the rows of 97's in the background...... :lol: .
no wonder I can't find any for my 8ba, they're all sitting on shelves...
Oldcol wrote: ......still more here if you're not sick of 'em..... :lol: , cheers, Col.
Yes please, keep that scanner cranking...

Cheers,

Drewfus :D
"actions speak louder than words....." & "you can only get an expert opinion from an expert.."

http://www.dayofthedrags.net/
mick

Post by mick »

Don,t stop now Col, keep em coming, loving it.

Oh and I should have said it earlier.
Congratulations to you and Kris on 35 years, an extraordinary acheivement in any family business, well done. 8) 8) 8)
If you see it on a trailer dial 000 its probably stolen.
pickmeup

Post by pickmeup »

Damn that was time well spent congrats guys,35 more to go-LOL!
:D
Pickups are da bomb!
"CAB OVERS haul BABY!"
Panel Trucks are perfect!
"Do what you love, love what you do...and remember that luck has the smell of perspiration! "-Charlie Hutton
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

OK... :)

Jeff Cooper's '30 Tudor......

..did a bit on this one, built the Flatty and most of the driveline....

.....and the alloy fenders and art deco inspired mounts ( that you can't see... :) )

all steel A Bone on gennie '32 rails....8ba with one of my C10 conversions, rest of the driveline was built from leftovers from our '36 Ute's spare parts car......the 8ba was one of a brace of Flatmotors bought from the Country Roads Board....were used in asphalt plants and governed to low speed....mint engines...outbid all the restorers from the Early Ford Club....man, were they pissed.... :lol: :lol: ....it was worth going without for a few weeks just to see their faces.....mean ?.....only a little bit..... :lol: :lol:
Mr Model A will recognise the wheels off his old Sloper...... :)

...another A...full fendered this time....

....it's running a 292 Y block with triple 97's, FMX, 9", Holden IFS, Steelies,etc.... the engine is the one that formerly resided in Ian Murcot's Lil' Hoss A Tudor....that whole chassis turned up in the trading post while this A was in the early stages of the build....quickly decided to dump the existing Chevy mill in favour of the fully dressed Y block......bit of a squeeze in an early A, but it looked the goods...and sounded great! The rest of the Lil Hoss frame got split up amongst a few other projects.

...this is our Willys on the day we brought it home , beside it is Peter Eames '40 that was living with us for a while.....the car, not the Eames :lol:

....and a bit later on.....after a few colour changes and height adjustments....

....another oldie of ours....

......trained observers would recognise this car from it's permanent lack of glass.....and altitude.... :lol:

...a Jailbar/Jag for a NSW client.....
....a '41 Super Deluxe resto with working Appleton spot and duals and glasspacks.....about to depart for home on a truck.... what?....get it dirty?...lets just chain it instead...that'll work :lol: ...whattya do?

....'32 Roadster frame, original rails, 350/350/9"......

...'nuff b/button stuff :) ......here's Maurice going to bed for the night.... :)

....once upon a time I had this nice original '56 Vic....

...crappy pic, but it was a pearler.....foolishly sold it to a restorer who pestered me mercilessly...... and then got it back as a rebuild job , and it turned into this.......

....although the new owner seems to have forgotten the role some people played in it.... ya get that sometimes..... :lol:

....our '36 Yoot..... :) with Kris,her Dad Jim and Dale.....

'34 Tub was done for Ken Hailes about 25ish years ago.... behind it is now Eastlink Freeway and Pick Pay n'go wreckers.....

Cheers and thanks for your interest and comments , Col.
Sheik of Brick Kiln Creek

Real People

Post by Sheik of Brick Kiln Creek »

Met Kris & Col when we picked up some wheels for the nephew ,they made us feel more than welcome & their house & workshops are the stuff that dreams are made of 8) 8) 8) :D
Congratulations on 35 years ,you are truly decent real people 8) :!:
Thanks Sheik