45 years of Custom Auto Chassis Eng.

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
coupe36

Post by coupe36 »

Oldcol wrote:Hiya '36 Coupe, do you mean this one...?...

....yes... :)

Yep!....that's the one , oh man that car is just sooooo beautiful. Where did it go?
I did love Eames's Willys coupe when that was finished too
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Great to see all your work Col. Have always looked up your driveway when out for a Sunday walk. Always good to see what goes through your place. ;)
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

Congratulations col and kris ,some lovely cars there , hope there is a lot more ,also thanks for all the help with the front end advice and other stuff ,regards ,monte.b :D :D :D :D
NOI53Y

Post by NOI53Y »

Damn you have built some cars. Congratulations on all your efforts. Thanks for posting the pics.
[img]http://www.ozerodders.com/images/oer-member.gif[/img]
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

coupe36 wrote:
Oldcol wrote:Hiya '36 Coupe, do you mean this one...?...

....yes... :)

Yep!....that's the one , oh man that car is just sooooo beautiful. Where did it go?
I did love Eames's Willys coupe when that was finished too
Hiya Kim, it's still in the general area, one of my long time friends put his hand up for it as soon as I mentioned I was thinking of selling it....but he doesn't use it a lot, though it was at Port Fairy the other week. I guess you were meaning Eames's green '41 coupe, not the orange '40?...got some pics of it under construction but they're a bit daggy from being on the workshop wall....I'll put 'em on over the weekend for you... :)
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

monte wrote:Congratulations col and kris ,some lovely cars there , hope there is a lot more ,also thanks for all the help with the front end advice and other stuff ,regards ,monte.b :D :D :D :D
No sweat Monte...my pleasure.... hope you enjoy your......

....380 kilo's of Clevo..... :lol:....and hope nothing got busted off in transit, cheers, Col.
compact
Old Hand

Post by compact »

ahhhh so thgeer ya go..the cats out the bag....he couldnt bear to go other than a ford...good fella monte

I knew you were justhavin a bad day

i keep coming back here col...keep em coming
[img]http://www.ozerodders.com/images/oer-member.gif[/img]
http://www.ozerodders.com/

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Gojeep wrote:Great to see all your work Col. Have always looked up your driveway when out for a Sunday walk. Always good to see what goes through your place. ;)

Come and say Hello...I'll leave this in the drive.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Congratulations Col - please keep posting. What an impressive display of all the technical skills and the quality hot-rodder's sense of style. Best of all you're a mine of information and a continual help to folks on this forum. No wonder you're still got a good business after 35 years!

John
rowie
Old Hand

Post by rowie »

You're making my brain turn all funny Col, with all these awesome pictures and stories!

Congrats on such an awesome achievement to you and Kris.

Totally inspirational.
"Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.. Please use the back door."

Chrysler Restorers Club of Australia
I actually drive my 1936 Dodge Resto-rod :)
'26bits

Post by '26bits »

Hey Col, that '46 Merc coupe wasn't this one was it?

Image[

:D

Ian.
Gravity is overated. The earth Sux.

Oz-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club
Member#80
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

No Ian, that one looks like it's had too many trips down the boat ramp..... :shock: :shock: ..... The green/mint? one came in from Canada via. Select Auto's here in Vic.....it had a few rusty bits on it , needed sills and lower pillars.....and someone had brazed the back fenders on and filled all the deck lid holes with brazed in big nuts....caused a few headaches..... :) , but was still a pretty nice old unrestored car.....lot of hassle tracking down all the stainless and die cast stuff for Merc's though..... this job came about while I was in the middle of doing another Merc Coupe....guy came in to ask about having something in the A-'34 range done.....saw the other Merc and got a bit excited about having one for himself, so I sent him over to have an optic at this one...he bought it , we gave it the big fix, and now it's used as his daily driver.....has a Flatty with C10, Jag front, Cusso rear and springs, leather trim, tilt column,etc. Built it to run as a straight gas car, but it was so dismally underpowered we went back to petrol, much better.... :lol:
'26bits

Post by '26bits »

Interesting trying a flattie on gas :D
That one I posted was found somewhere in Sydney in the early to mid 70s. The bloke who had it was buying and selling old Fords on spec/wheeler dealer. Wouldn't have a clue what happened to it but yeah, it sure was rusty and probably fell in a heap.
Rare body style in this country.
When did you ever find time to eat and sleep? :roll:

Ian.
Gravity is overated. The earth Sux.

Oz-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club
Member#80
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Oldcol wrote:......trained observers would recognise this car from it's permanent lack of glass.....and altitude.... :lol:
Looks vaguely familliar as does the driveway, but how did you come by that pic? The fellow who did my chassis was a young guy with lots of hair. :P

That big yeller pommy barge did do good smokers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Howdy Mr PITA....that old Roller was good for sumthin' wasn't it..... :lol: :lol: . Didn't that pic show the '33 in Hooper's drive?...or was it Anne's folks place?.....now that y'all is here, I was trying to scan those neat B/W 's you shot of Kris's Willys with the blower on, but they won't come out....or maybe it's just us.... :lol: .....can you do it and stick 'em on here somewhere?, thanks ,Col