CARPSPICS - If history & variety bug you please don't enter

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Re: CARPSPICS - If history & variety bug you please don't en

Post by Kiwipaul »

What is it disregaurd the front.
We beleve this is the same make but do not know forshore.
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

We know this is the same, Look at the guy in the top photo's that might help
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
HYPORX
Old Hand

Post by HYPORX »

It it the thread Carps Pics. A place where Peter was adding photos from his various trips 'round the world.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent" Casey Stoner to Valentino Rossi. 03/04/2011
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

HYPORX wrote:It it the thread Carps Pics. A place where Peter was adding photos from his various trips 'round the world.
That is over in the PUB ????????
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Kiwipaul wrote:What is it disregaurd the front.
Looks like a German or European '32 Ford, there was one at NSRA Natiolas last month lokking very much the same.

The red van is most likely a Simca and the grey boc van with corrugated sides a Citroen.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
HYPORX
Old Hand

Post by HYPORX »

Carps wrote:The red van is most likely a Simca.
Could also be a Renault or Opel. All used the same body back then.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent" Casey Stoner to Valentino Rossi. 03/04/2011
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Kiwipaul wrote:That is over in the PUB ????????
Yup, isn't the pub where most people go to talk about the adventures and show folks their vacation photos?
Young Carps

Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

Carps wrote:
Kiwipaul wrote:What is it disregaurd the front.
Looks like a German or European '32 Ford, there was one at NSRA Natiolas last month lokking very much the same.

The red van is most likely a Simca and the grey boc van with corrugated sides a Citroen.
Got it Citroen, and you could be right on the red one.
No Carps I took it that Hyporx was saying I should not have put up what I did here. That this is just for your photo's
barnsey
Old Hand

Post by barnsey »

(Kiwipaul wrote)
No Carps I took it that Hyporx was saying I should not have put up what I did here. That this is just for your photo's

yep that was the idea untill everyone started posting un related pics in this thread. :roll:
Carps wrote:don;'Got me a new tool.

Whilst it's unfortunate that many of my old slides were lost as a result of circumstances beyond my control, there's still thousands that are not.

Today I got me a new scanner that can convert a whole bunch of slides to digital images in one hit. It can also do negatives and since there's even more of them than slides, maybe I can make this thread as long as OldCol's Anniversary job.
I think what Caleb was getting at was that this thread was started by carps so he can post all of his pictures, not so every one else could post there's, hence the thread title {CARPS PICS) not car pics :) If the first post in this thread was read it would be more clear.
barnsey
rowie
Old Hand

Post by rowie »

Carps wrote:
Kiwipaul wrote:That is over in the PUB ????????
Yup, isn't the pub where most people go to talk about the adventures and show folks their vacation photos?
Amen to that!!! hehe

Well said Pete. Good to have you back and no I'm not brown-noseing this time either :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.. Please use the back door."

Chrysler Restorers Club of Australia
I actually drive my 1936 Dodge Resto-rod :)
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

barnsey wrote:
KiwiPaul wrote: No Carps I took it that Hyporx was saying I should not have put up what I did here. That this is just for your photo's
I think what Caleb was getting at was that this thread was started by carps so he can post all of his pictures, not so every one else could post there's,
Actually the idea was that others might jump in and sharetheir historic images of hot rodding and other uniquely Australian stuff.

The key word being their, by which I mean, your own stuff, not a link to somebody else's stuff on another web site, or pictures you've uploaded from another web site, etc.

I'm sure there's many people participating here who have some great historical images of rodding and other stuff in Australia, all gathered over their lifetimes and that most of us here would find interesting.

So, if you have such historic images, please go ahead and post them here. Maybe it'll bring this thread back to life and encourage me to scan and post more of my own old stuff, which thanx to my grandfather and great grandfather, dates pretty much all the way back to the first cameras in Australia.
Young Carps

Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

Carps wrote:
barnsey wrote:
KiwiPaul wrote: No Carps I took it that Hyporx was saying I should not have put up what I did here. That this is just for your photo's
I think what Caleb was getting at was that this thread was started by carps so he can post all of his pictures, not so every one else could post there's,
Actually the idea was that others might jump in and sharetheir historic images of hot rodding and other uniquely Australian stuff.

The key word being their, by which I mean, your own stuff, not a link to somebody else's stuff on another web site, or pictures you've uploaded from another web site, etc.

I'm sure there's many people participating here who have some great historical images of rodding and other stuff in Australia, all gathered over their lifetimes and that most of us here would find interesting.

So, if you have such historic images, please go ahead and post them here. Maybe it'll bring this thread back to life and encourage me to scan and post more of my own old stuff, which thanx to my grandfather and great grandfather, dates pretty much all the way back to the first cameras in Australia.
Carps By saying what you have said above that it is alright to put up photos of interest on here .
pnn

Post by pnn »

Would love to see this thread running again
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Kiwipaul wrote:Carps By saying what you have said above that it is alright to put up photos of interest on here .
Absolutely!

Any pictures of Australian automotive or other historical events that may be linked to automotive & transport systems, or just of interest to people who lurk here (they don't have to be of interest to everybody, because it's true that you can please some folks sometimes but not everybody all the time) provided they are your pics and not taken from other sites on the WWW.
Young Carps

Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

I have put photo's on this page to bring it back to page one .