Welcome to lots more new members!

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Squiggs

Re: Welcome to lots more new members!

Post by Squiggs »

Hi all, Rhett here from Geraldton WA. I'm a boily by trade and have my own shop.

I have been in the car scene for quite a while but have only been into hotrodding for a few years.

I started out helping my panel shop neighbour build his '36 Hillman burnout ute. ( WA guys may have seen it at kwinana, black one with an ls1.) And a few other projects.

I have a '26 Chrysler roadster I am building but it is a long term project, (hard to find time at the moment).
Ian S

Post by Ian S »

Rhett hi,
Welcome and enjoy the ride! You'll find really helpfull blokes here and a mine of information :shock:
Cheers Ian S
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

Alcopop wrote:Hi all ,another newbie here ,i ve done 1 or 2 posts and Turns suggested i post an intro so here go's,I'm 35 year old electrician with 2 kids + 1 more on the way,and a very understanding partener.I live on the south side of Sydney and am about to undertake an extensive rebuild on a 53 anglia ute ( 302w c4 9" blah blah)and I also am the proud owner of an 1969 xw gt replica( common I know but wouldn't have it any other way) , I've had this for about 15 years now and it's not going any where .EVER.it runs a 351w ,toploader, 3.5 Detroit locker and runs a handy 12.7@110Mph.I will be going to the lonestar open day so It will be good to chat with a few members and if you see a guy in a red xw don't be shy..... :D il post a couple of pics when I become a bit more familiar with the forum,small steps :roll:!Mark
G'day alcopop

I just saw your intro :oops: ....it seems that a few members are into Anglias :mrgreen:

Your XW sounds fairly stout - I will look forward to some pics

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

'Morning Squiggs, welcome aboard. Remember, these guys love pic's - so if you do anything with your project take a pic, even if you just walk passed, take a pic. Don't have to do anything, just remember to tak a pic (or two). :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Boily with your own shop hey? Wouldn't know Ben Flathead would you? 8) Remember the pic's :wink:
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
perry

Post by perry »

Hey guys,

My name is Michael, im 24 and love these old hot rods/rat rods. I currently own a 2000 Supercharged Magna Sports which im currently building a new motor for + 05 VZ SS. after going to a lot of car shows and see rat rods around ive decided to do one myself. ive got a 1948 Chevy truck cab and HQ tonner chassis that i plan to build as a rat rod. Anyone doing something similar with the Chevy cab, the HQ chassis seam to be very popular.

Thanks
Michael
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

Welcome aboard Michael, be aware that many states no longer allow rebodies such as you are suggesting. Before you get too far down that path make sure you get advice from your local registration branch beforehand. When building on a late model chassis you will also find that the TAC will probably not be able to assist you in most states because technically the vehicle is what the chassis is, i.e. it will be a 1973 or so Holden regardless of what body is on it (or an ICV in some states) and whilst it will look like a rod it will not be considered one. The rego authorities here will also not register anything that is a 'rat' like you see in many U.S magazines.
Dave Petrusma
RobertGregg

Post by RobertGregg »

G,Day
I have just joined Ozrodders,I am a 61 year old engineer,my love of cars started with Hotrod and Drag cars in the early 60s,Castlereagh,Roselands Hotrod Show etc.I am just finalizing my second rod , a 28 Roadster Pickup,253 ,4 speed ,HT front end,Commodore rack,P76 Discs,Centura rear end ,etc.Living in the Snowy but working in Wollongong.Ex Conrodders member from WA.My daily driver is a HZ Panel Van V8 4 speed.Hope I can make a worthwhile contribution to the forum.
Cheers
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Welcome Robert.
With that list of credentials you should easily melt in.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

Hi Robert, welcome. How long ago did you leave WA? I am a member of Conrodders Hervey Bay :wink:
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
kremsra28

Post by kremsra28 »

hi, ive been a member for a while now, altho I don't own a hotrod and probably never will (they are expensive), I have the appreciation of al the hard work tht goes into them and I like these types of site to learn from, and the members are always very helpful, im very interested in metal fabrication but am very much a novice (hence why I love these sites to learn from!!), im also amember of another site called metalmeet, that site is awesome with some great and very helpful members that take the time to help and explain stuff.
im really into rotaries, having owned a few rx2's, an rx4 coupe, numerous rx7's and currently a 1200 coupe (r100 shape) and a 72 ke20 corolla, I love restoring cars and try to do everything from panelwork, simple fabrication (and more complex stuff as my skills improve) and painting, I can do basic fibreglassing work aswell.
some ppl might say, "hey champ, this is a hotrodding site, you don't have a rod so pls leave" and that's fair enough, but to me, hotrodding is a process of modifying an old vehicle to your own liking and specs, making stuff work that you cant buy off the shelf and basically having fun, others might disagree and if they do then I wont post pics up of my projects,just compliment others work and learn as I browse thru the threads.
anyways, my name is paul, im from east Devonport, Tassie, work as a plasterer, however my original trade is in window tinting and automotive glass fitting,
I look forward to learning more and seeing many nice projects, hek, maybe even helping out where I can.
krem
RobertGregg

Post by RobertGregg »

Left WA in 2005 ,was with Conrodders when Steve Iggleston was still alive ,he was a great mentor.
Grazza wrote:Hi Robert, welcome. How long ago did you leave WA? I am a member of Conrodders Hervey Bay :wink:
RobertGregg

Post by RobertGregg »

G,Day Paul,Hotrods dont have to be expensive especially when you can do most of the work yourself.I have done all the work on my model A except the upholstery,its no show car but its an excellent driver ,the best way I have found to keep costs down is to keep a mental note of what you need for the car and keep your eyes open at swap meets ,local papers etc.Dont be in a hurry to buy stuff,thats when you become vulnerable to spending top dollar. Bob
kremsra28 wrote:hi, ive been a member for a while now, altho I don't own a hotrod and probably never will (they are expensive), I have the appreciation of al the hard work tht goes into them and I like these types of site to learn from, and the members are always very helpful, im very interested in metal fabrication but am very much a novice (hence why I love these sites to learn from!!), im also amember of another site called metalmeet, that site is awesome with some great and very helpful members that take the time to help and explain stuff.
im really into rotaries, having owned a few rx2's, an rx4 coupe, numerous rx7's and currently a 1200 coupe (r100 shape) and a 72 ke20 corolla, I love restoring cars and try to do everything from panelwork, simple fabrication (and more complex stuff as my skills improve) and painting, I can do basic fibreglassing work aswell.
some ppl might say, "hey champ, this is a hotrodding site, you don't have a rod so pls leave" and that's fair enough, but to me, hotrodding is a process of modifying an old vehicle to your own liking and specs, making stuff work that you cant buy off the shelf and basically having fun, others might disagree and if they do then I wont post pics up of my projects,just compliment others work and learn as I browse thru the threads.
anyways, my name is paul, im from east Devonport, Tassie, work as a plasterer, however my original trade is in window tinting and automotive glass fitting,
I look forward to learning more and seeing many nice projects, hek, maybe even helping out where I can.
krem
perry

Post by perry »

Dave wrote:Welcome aboard Michael, be aware that many states no longer allow rebodies such as you are suggesting. Before you get too far down that path make sure you get advice from your local registration branch beforehand. When building on a late model chassis you will also find that the TAC will probably not be able to assist you in most states because technically the vehicle is what the chassis is, i.e. it will be a 1973 or so Holden regardless of what body is on it (or an ICV in some states) and whilst it will look like a rod it will not be considered one. The rego authorities here will also not register anything that is a 'rat' like you see in many U.S magazines.
thanks dave, yes ive been speaking to an engineer and he has advised on what needs to be done, so the project will be going ahead
hotrodjoel

Post by hotrodjoel »

Hi all,
First time poster, long time reader.

I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, namely a 51 Chev coupe ute, 51 Chev Deluxe 4 door, 54 DeSoto, and my son has just started his first build, an FJ ute. As you can see, I'm more into my 50's era cars, but still admire the traditional rods which I grew up with.
Have lived in Vic for 2 years, WA for 7 years, and chully NZ for many prior to that. Work as a boilermaker/fitter in WA at the moment. Have a wife and 2 kids that enjoy Hot Rods and Kustoms just as much as me.
That's me in a nutshell. See you out there.

Cheers

Jake
Big G
Old Hand

Post by Big G »

hotrodjoel wrote:Hi all,
First time poster, long time reader.

I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, namely a 51 Chev coupe ute, 51 Chev Deluxe 4 door, 54 DeSoto, and my son has just started his first build, an FJ ute. As you can see, I'm more into my 50's era cars, but still admire the traditional rods which I grew up with.
Have lived in Vic for 2 years, WA for 7 years, and chully NZ for many prior to that. Work as a boilermaker/fitter in WA at the moment. Have a wife and 2 kids that enjoy Hot Rods and Kustoms just as much as me.
That's me in a nutshell. See you out there.

Cheers

Jake
Hi Neighbour,That's 4 more cars in Romsey I didn't know about, welcome aboard, if you feel like a chat or show & tell, PM me.
Founding Oz E Rodder Member
I've lost the Plot
One day I will find it !