More photos from the Nats

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Brootal
Old Hand

More photos from the Nats

Post by Brootal »

Well I've started to put together some web pages to display the 279 photos I took over Easter at the Nationals.

Only the first 3 pages (out of 20) are up, but I figured I'd give you all a sneak preview. :)

CLICK HERE

Hope you like them.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get some photos up, late night I see.
Look good Brootal
Flatoz 8) 8)
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Yeah, I've been a bit slack, but after scanning 270 photos, you need a break!

My wife is away this week at a "conference" in Cairns, so I'll have plenty of time to kill. Should have the rest of the pics up by the end of the week.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

gawd damn boy! there's some kick arse rides on yer web thingy! keep 'em coming

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Good job on the pics Brootal, suprisingly most of em are my kinda cars.
On page two there is a '33 tudor that you said was a simple kind of rod. That sucker has had a heap of work done to it, im pretty sure it was a more door, and now has lengenthed doors. Mick Maine built it and his old man has the 34 pickemup below it with the commercial front sheetmetal. Hes the bloke who built my old 33 roadster that went to germany.
Heres your pic of the 33.
Great job again brootal!
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Don't take it the wrong way mate. :)

I just meant it was nice and simple in execution. Just chopped, dropped and a set of wires and she's done. Bee-Yoo-Di-Full!

You know what I mean. Some people try too hard and it just doesn't work. The simple things are often the best. Didn't your Mum ever tell you that? ;)

SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

I knew what ya meant, I was just "informing" ya :D
So after a hooge dose of hot rods at the nats, when you gonna start your project model A? You could do a website just like project33.com......if you can be stuffed posting every little thing you do
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

I'm working on it. I went up to Tamworth the other day to check out a potential project. It was pretty good, but someone else ended up getting it. I just don't have the $$$ at the moment, plus I've STILL got to get the Rambler going.

I've also uploaded a few more pics from the Nats. Click on the link in my signature. There should be a link on the home page by now that says "Nationals". Pages 4-10 are new.

If you can't see the link, just use the one at the top of this post.

Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Hey Brootal I too was gunna give you a little slap in respect to your "simple" comment on that car.

Look close and you'll see it's actually an Aussie '34 which was NEVER offered as a two door. The conversion is not anywhere near being simply "chopped and dropped". It's also not a case of fitting US Tudor doors and filling in the gaps at the rear, since the US stuff is completely the wrong shape at the cowl and around the lower edge. Also making such a swap impossible, the Aussie windscreen posts have different angles when viewed from the front and the sides compared to the US cars and the beltline moulding is also totally different along with the pressing around the window openings. US models having a new design motif and the Aussie versions carrying the basic form over from the '32 models.

Yup, there's a MOUNTAIN of work in that car and the fact that it's fooled so many people is testament to the quality and workmanship.

Even more trick than the two door conversion is the fact that the tell tale side spears have gone. That's right, it's also been chanelled and then the quarter panels reworked so the original fenders look like it all grew that way.

Maybe when you come to teach me about computers, I'll have to teach you a little about old cars and the difference between trick, subtle and simple. :lol:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

the bloke who built the "tudor" is currently re-building don haywood's old 1933 roadster which was featured in the early editions of ASR. it is being converted to LHD and since its an aussie body, it too will have its spears removed to look like a yankee body. Its being built for a guy a hawaii.