Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Joanne

4, 6 & Rotor Rivals & Burnout Comp - Heathcote

Post by Joanne »

Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

$85 to RACE!!!

Shouldn't the people putting on the show NOT be the ones paying for it???

I haven't competed at the drags for a few years, but it was nowhere near that pricey.

I guess that PL Insurance has stuffed it for everyone.

Looks like it would be a good event though. What happens if you roll up in a V8? Will you get booted out or can you enter in the "Open DYO"?
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]

Rotor Meet

Post by Guest »

V8's can enter the OPEN D.Y.O. Bracket.
The reason its $ 85 to enter is there is over $ 20,000 in prize money and $ 2000 in product, in the future with more spectators attending each meet we will (and have) reduce the entry fee.
Regards
Joanne
Raymond Loewy

Post by Raymond Loewy »

Wow...there is another Joanne around....I was beginning to get a little lonely with all these males!
Had I been present at the Creation I would have given some useful hints to the ordering of the Universe - Alphonso X of Castille
jdaley

insurance

Post by jdaley »

I noted the comment about insurance.
I also race sidecars and our premiums have reached high levels because competitors are claiming for incidents that once were considered part of the risk of racing.
Hit log at a desert race, hit oil patch at a road race meet or fell off at a Moto X. Its the participants who have forced the premiums up so we all must now wear it. Once we all accept some resposiblity for our actions as a community it may get better.
John Daley, Member # 43, 1946 Chev Ute, 1926 Trackster boat-tail, sidecar racer, Engineers Coupe.
Raymond Loewy

Post by Raymond Loewy »

Well said!

I work in insurance (yet I still have a personality) and people nowadays aren't taking responsibility for their own actions. A good example was at this years Nats.

People were doing burnouts at the Go whoa....obviously fairly dangerous with a crowd around. The organisers had done everything humanly possible to make it as safe and yet there were still people standing within spitting distance of the cars behind a piece of tape.
They had been asked to move every 5 minutes by Pinky but they kept on standing there because they got to be close to the action.
If a car had spun out and hit one of them the organisers would have been blamed.....but whose fault is it really?
Had I been present at the Creation I would have given some useful hints to the ordering of the Universe - Alphonso X of Castille