and another jailbar

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Chrisso
Old Hand

Re: and another jailbar

Post by Chrisso »

No problems with crimping on mine Joe in fact if I can find it I will send you a picture of the note that was in my kit guaranteeing the crimp quality as the problem in construction on some previous looms had been corrected (I'm pretty sure they are the words they used) :wink: :wink:
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

thanks chris because of the responses i now have an ezy on the way :D
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
My34tuda

Post by My34tuda »

Joe, I’ve had similar issues with crimp quality, I was putting on in a 56 Chev for a mate, he bought it. Also found the main power feed wire was connected to the headlight fuse and headlight wire was where the main feed should have been. I also had to beef up the bus bar that the main feed/ alternator feed connects to as it is not heavy enough.
If you go ahead also check the fan cct. They tend to be on the ign feed which means the power for the thermo fan will go through your ign switch. I fixed another one just yesterday. I had to hot wire it for my mate at Queenscliffe rod run so he could get home. The ignition switch failed due to the heavy load.
Another safety item to add is a main fuse/fusible link on the main feed. Last thing you want is a fire.
Personally I’ve found the American Autowire kits to be the best and will recommend these.
Brian.
Angry

Post by Angry »

jailbar joe wrote:hi AL what you have stated is part of my reasoning with this brand of loom
on some american forums (hamb) this topic was discussed and mainly centred on cimping quality.

that is why i posed the question...to get LOCAL feedback,and so far it has been mainly possitive......
i know you only get what you pay for and that is why i am going middle of the road.

thanks guys

p.s. i read your thread about big tyres on 56 fords....i have a disabled car on my hoist as soon as i can get my 56 vicky
on the hoist i will remove a wheel and do some measuring for you.

If I had more money to spend I would have used American Auto Wore loom....but at around $700+ i shook my head,....My mate doing the wirirng was adamant that It would be OK he just needed to redo those main crimps and n fitted a Fusible Link in the main feed..

As for the Cusso Im pretty sure I know the Answer. but want a Hot Rodder to have a look n give me an opinion..

Thanks mate
Al.

64 Ford F100 SWB Patina Pickup
69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

howdy all...i'm needing some help,especially from rodders in S A

i am negotiating to buy a cusso dash and the chap lives in salisbury nth ...just wondering if someone could pick it up and store
for a while till i can organise to get it to york W A ...this corona crap is starting to make life difficult....

any help much appreciated
cheers joe

jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

all sorted...thanks tony :D
cheers joe

jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

TESTING TESTING TESTING

hope this gets out there,hi to all,i am back,i think........
i never really left it was just that logging in was hit and miss and when i tried to post anything the little hampster wheel would just go round and round and i would give up in disgust,
anyhow.... on the times i was able to get on it was good to see the progress all you guys were making on your projects.
it is also good to see that a lot of the old faces are still here or have comeback.

when i saw that the site was down it did make me wonder if it was the end of ozrodder BUT i am glad to see that is not the case and well done to whoever is the saviour...thank you very much.
since i was last on here all that has happened for me is i got older and sillier,not unusual

my old jailbar has had an update....from 400 cleveland/toploader and dedicated gas to a 5 litre fuel injected and 5 speed and matching diff out of an xr8 with the notable difference being the removal of the fuel injection and replaced with carby and electronic dizzy....plous new paint (same color) and electric windows.....still not finished

gary glitter is now about 5 years old and at present is my everday driver,since being on the road it has been super reliable with it's major journey being to maryborough nationals and was going to tassie nats but had to drop out due the covid crap going on at the time.

my 56 victoria is still going just as it was when i bought it 10 years ago and i am hoping to "do it up" some time next year...i have not long picked up a 59 mainline ute to work on in my "spare time" so as i say....older and sillier

i don't know about posting pictures anymore and don't think i have an account with anyone anymore.....so for the time being it will be good just to catch up with what everyone is doing.
sorry for the long winded re intro

cheers joe
cheers joe

Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

Great to have you back Joe, always good to see your posts.

Get the photo hosting sorted mate, we need to see pics.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Great to see you back Joe.
Make sure you never have any icons/emojis etc in your post as is wont go through otherwise.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

thanks peter good to be back,your car is looking great.
thanks marcus was never far away just couldn't get back in,great to see number plates on your car
cheers joe

hudson nut

Post by hudson nut »

Welcome back Joe. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are working on.

Dany
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

thanks danny might take me a bit to get up to speed but will get there
cheers joe

Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Hi Joe, sounds like you have been busy over the lock downs and forum issues.

How is the renovation of the Yorke progressing ?

I purchased one that didn’t need any interior renovation, more on the mechanicals though, she’s all done and waiting for the
Mainline to be completed.

Regards Newbee
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

hi ian i'm never going to die of boredom thats for sure....toom many projects to do haha
my little york van came to a complete stop while i put together a mustang for a mate....long story,but as soon as i finish my tuck i will
be back on the van and get it finished.

does anybody know what happened re the forum ??? why it went down.....just glad it's back up
i guess your mainline would be getting closer by now??? i haven't had time to go thru the old posts as yet.....a lot going on at the minute but will get there
cheers joe

CHOPPED EK

Post by CHOPPED EK »

I think blue for the van mate
blue is nice :D
hey it wasnt me