Ballarat Fridge swap

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
t.j.'s dad

Post by t.j.'s dad »

The "fridge" swap meet is called that cause its in a multi storey car park on the south side of a large shopping centre, in Ballarat (second coldest place in Australia-almost) and its BLOODY COLD in there!!!!!!
I'll be there with a site as usual, anyone who sees me drop by and say gday, i'll be in the chevvy pickup (for sale), black over silver.

hmm ......... well was yakkin to bryan .. he pointed out a site with black n silver pick up for sale .... so being well mannered tj and i wandered over
to say gidday ... convo went something like ......... hey g'day mr cool .............what ??.......... you are mr cool? ......... u ok mate ?....ummm ..err .. you know off the internet?.......... nah mate !! so i doffed me cap n bid farewell .. to the muttering sound of ' internet dickhead' ............... and tj sayin ........ well dad u made a goose of yaself again ..hahahahahaha

well mr cool you'll keep !!!
mike

Post by Guest »

Ya get that on the big jobs! :lol:
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Swap meet wasn't that flash, quite a bit of holden stuff,seems like a lot more junk than goodies.
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

Geez Sean, there was more early tin there than I have seen at a swap for a while. It is horses for courses though. I managed to find a few bits so I went home happy. Missed those 36 radius rods and the two banjo wheels by 2 mins DOH!
Flatoz
t.j.'s dad

Post by t.j.'s dad »

i had a top day ... sold heaps .. best i've ever done at the fridge .. was good to see the ballarat boys musta turned the fridge down a bit !! there does seem to be a lot of late model stuff turning up but if you take ur time plenty of goodies !
mike
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

If I had have known which site yours was tj's dad, I would have stoped and said g,day! I'm starting to think its a bit of secret squirrel sort of stuff, after your incident with mr cool! You musnt have had the right hand shake.
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

I did notice an increase in early tin fron previous years, Why do you want '36 Radius rods anyway flatoz, can i smell a new project coming along?
Flatoz
Old Hand

Post by Flatoz »

Always on the look Sean, always on the look :D :D
Dave
Old Hand

Post by Dave »

All I wanted were some new wiper blades for the 46 and there weren't any there that I saw. The rain meant I had to take the everydayer (see reason above) but the rain made the swap several degrees warmer than usual! There was a bit of stuff there for sale though nothing for me. Saw lots of old faces and caught up with a few. Saw T.J. and his Dad there making their fortune. At least I picked up a bargain large scale Harley Fat Boy Model at the Ballarat Market on the way home!
Dave Petrusma
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

t.j.'s dad wrote: hmm ......... well was yakkin to bryan .. he pointed out a site with black n silver pick up for sale .... so being well mannered tj and i wandered over
to say gidday ... convo went something like ......... hey g'day mr cool .............what ??.......... you are mr cool? ......... u ok mate ?....ummm ..err .. you know off the internet?.......... nah mate !! so i doffed me cap n bid farewell .. to the muttering sound of ' internet dickhead' ............... and tj sayin ........ well dad u made a goose of yaself again ..hahahahahaha

well mr cool you'll keep !!!
mike
Oh dear, looks like you were a little red-faced over that one.........
I didnt make it :oops: , had to work on saturday, got home at 9pm, cold and wet, had a hot shower and couldnt for the life of me get enough energy to load up the pickup for a 5am start.
Sorry bout that TJs dad, next time?
loved to have been a fly on the wall tho..........
Regards
Chris Stork.
Founding Member of Oz E Rodders Rod and Kustom Club.
Bryan

fridge swap meet

Post by Bryan »

Sorry T.J.s dad. My mistake. I'll catch up to you at the "Heroes" on Saturday. Bryan
Mr Model A
Old Hand

Post by Mr Model A »

Aw geez Carps, if only I'd known you were after Volvo wheels, i saw some up there, they were on a Volvo tho, does that matter? :lol:
never odd or even