Roll call for Bobbin Head.

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Brootal
Old Hand

Roll call for Bobbin Head.

Post by Brootal »

So who's going and should we all meet up for a group photo or something?

I suggest we all meet up near bcal's roadster as it's pretty easy to find and it won't be confused with any other Model A roadster with Alfa Romeo running gear. :lol:

I probably won't get there until just before lunch due to having to drag a couple of women along.

See youse all there.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I'll be there! I'll be visable as I will be wearing a ski.com.au cap with "jahoota" on the back! I was going to wear the old "tinys chop & custom shop" shirt but its waaaaaaaaaay to artic for wearing just that!

Good idea to met up at some stage, your idea re bcal's car would be a good one (provided he gets it over the speed bumps :lol: ).

You wanna set a time? say noon????.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
Brett.C
Old Hand

Post by Brett.C »

brootal wrote:I probably won't get there until just before lunch due to having to drag a couple of women along.
Boris, I hope you're not dragen 'em there cave man style mate :lol:
jahoota wrote:your idea re bcal's car would be a good one (provided he gets it over the speed bumps ).
I've been workin on that one today. It involves a lump of wood and a jack so I reckon I'm gonna beat those mongrel things this time 8)
Last year I had to give up before I scraped off the whole underside of my car :x

See yas there.
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

hey bcal, two words will fix your problem

AIR BAGS :lol: :lol:
Regards
Chris Stork.
Founding Member of Oz E Rodders Rod and Kustom Club.
Brett.C
Old Hand

Post by Brett.C »

mr cool wrote:AIR BAGS :lol: :lol:
Are they like "FUN BAGS" :?: :lol: :lol:

I've often pondered using Citroen hydraulics. Self leveling etc. way cool if you could get it to work 8)

In the mean time I've been working on plans for the ultimate in speed hump eliminators.

Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

12 Noon sounds good.

So it's settled. Any HRBRI members that are going to be at Bobbin Head, meet and the funny looking yellow thing at Noon.

I'll be wearing my BRAND NEW Krispy Kreme T-shirt.

:)
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

what a great little shin dig that was. pretty laid back, some great cars and a nice sunny day. :D geez, how cool has that purple/moroon 32 with the pale blue/purle/red/yellow flames, tuck n roll, duval windshield and steelies with whitewalls. I'm afraid I fell in love with it.....

Caught up Bcal as planned (hope those speed bumps behaved themselves on the way out and you attainted that nice "curved" chassis rail you were after :wink: ) but missed catching up with Brootal. Brootal, I saw your mug in the distance but by the time i got to where you were you'd vanished again. I should have just hung around that 32 with the flatty & triple carbs knowing you'd probably set up your picnic rug right near it!!!!

Took about 50 snaps in all. I'm sure brootal got all the same pics and more. If there's any missing from your collection Boris I'm happy to send 'em to you!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Yep, sure was a nice day to spending in the National Park surrounded by Hot Rods and Customs. Not a cloud in the sky and not too cool if you stayed in the sun.

I didn't get there until 11:30 or so, headed over to bcal's car, had a chat, then headed off to snap a few pics. Got back to bcal's car around 12:15, but no one was there, so I kept wandering.

I only took one roll of 36, including a couple of the lovely scenery. :)

I was surprised to see that black and pink '55 Chevy coupe. First time I saw it was 6 or 7 years ago in Melbourne when old32 dragged me along to a Thunderbirds cruise night. It then went to Perth where it gained a set of Halibrands and a bunch of show trophies, as well as a few 11 sec time slips from the Kwinana Motorplex.

I didn't recognise the driver, so I'm guessing it's been sold.

Another standout was that bright yellow '65 Chevy 4 door hardtop that had the SERIOUS roof chop. That was neat.

I'll get the pics developed today and as Sue is away, I'll probably get the pics scanned and uploaded fairly quickly.

Popey

Post by Popey »

Sorry I couldn't get there; I came down with the flu.
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

Popey wrote:Sorry I couldn't get there; I came down with the flu.
Hope your feeling better....I won't rub it in and tell you how great it was there....We might get together at the Rickshaws run...I'll check on the flyer what date its on...sounds like it moved to the fore shoree area with a lot of cruisin planed. :)
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Brootal Wrote:
I was surprised to see that black and pink '55 Chevy coupe. First time I saw it was 6 or 7 years ago in Melbourne when old32 dragged me along to a Thunderbirds cruise night. It then went to Perth where it gained a set of Halibrands and a bunch of show trophies, as well as a few 11 sec time slips from the Kwinana Motorplex.

I didn't recognise the driver, so I'm guessing it's been sold
Tony Eisner from Wittlesea Built it quite a few years ago, who i think sold it to Rob forbes of ballarat, then went to perth. Does it still have the 6 carbs on it?
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

6 carbs!!! I'm pretty sure I'd remember that if I saw it. I remember seeing it at the Perth Hot Rod Show a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure it was a single 4 barrell. I doubt he'd be running 11s with 6 carbs anyway. I don't think there'd be anyone in Perth would remember how to tune them all! :)

I should try and dig up that old pic I've got of it somewhere...

SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Just had a look at its debut at the melbourne rod show, it has the 6 stromberg suckers on it then, i dont know if Tony took the manifold off cause i reckon it would of been a bit of a pig to drive. Never knew it could run 11 second quarters though.
If you have Issue #90 of ASR, go to page 28, has a shot of it with its hood up. Tony drives the '57 chev 150 Sedan that is featured in issue #29 of Cruzin. He certainly builds nice cars.
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

I think the guy in Perth did a bit of work to it, but I'm just guessing. Could've been the previous owner.

I wouldn't have believed it would run 11s either until I saw it with my own two eyes. It was at a street meet at the Kwinana Motorplex and let me tell you, amongst all the rice burner crap and a few mullet mobiles, it stood out like the proverbial DOGS BALLS!

What was really scary was that he didn't seem to be even leaning on it. He'd just drive it out nice and easy and nail it. Too cool!