Sydney Hot Rod Show!!!

Go here for info and posts on all the latest shows, runs and cruises
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

Anonymous wrote:I was actually thinking of coming up from sunny Victoria. :wink:
looks like carps forgot to sign in again...... :lol:
Regards
Chris Stork.
Founding Member of Oz E Rodders Rod and Kustom Club.

Post by Guest »

For some reason the bloody computers in airport lounges don't remember my auto login codes.

Hey Greg, who do I gotta talk to to fix that? :lol:
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Well don't be so lazy and log in manaully. It's not that hard, you click on the LOGIN button and then type in your username and password! If you don't close down your browser, it should remember your login.

Geez! Do I have to explain EVERYTHING to you??? ;)

So when are you going to be in town? Are you going to come and pick me up? What Tojo product will you be bringing?
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

Brootal wrote:Well don't be so lazy and log in manaully. It's not that hard, you click on the LOGIN button and then type in your username and password! If you don't close down your browser, it should remember your login.

Geez! Do I have to explain EVERYTHING to you??? ;)

So when are you going to be in town? Are you going to come and pick me up? What Tojo product will you be bringing?

Now you live at Dee bloody Why...you will have to get your own way there buddy...I may make a cameo appearance...still waiting to be talked into it by my mate...I'm not too keen.
See ya on the road or at a run somewhere!
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

Nah, Carps can chauffer me around. He can plug in my address and then Homebush and the latest greatest from Tojo will drive itself there. Carps can have a lie down in the back.
It's OK, I'm not really from Sydney, I just moved there, but now I'm back in Perth so I'm normal again.

[url=http://www.the-rumbler.com]Ramblers, Hot Rods, Surfing and Model Cars[/url]
HRI

Auto Login

Post by HRI »

It's in the cookies that get loaded on to your hard disk.

You'll just have to remember to use the same kiosk/terminal in the airport lounge.

And no you can't take your cookies with you ........
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Brootal wrote: So when are you going to be in town? Are you going to come and pick me up? What Tojo product will you be bringing?
I was there today, and who's that smart mouthed sheila on the wirless who was crapping on about it being a Melbourne Kinda day today? Hasn't been that cold, wet and miserable in Melbourne during my lifetime. Sydney weather sucks. :lol: :lol:
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Mr Cool
Old Hand

Post by Mr Cool »

Carps wrote:
I was there today, and who's that smart mouthed sheila on the wirless who was crapping on about it being a Melbourne Kinda day today? Hasn't been that cold, wet and miserable in Melbourne during my lifetime. Sydney weather sucks. :lol: :lol:
Actually you're right carps, It is proven that sydney weather is actually worse than melbourne weather. if you look at the statistics, it rains more days in sydney, its average temp is colder and of course we all know the best thing to come out of sydney....... the Hume highway back to melbourne. :lol:
[/quote]
Regards
Chris Stork.
Founding Member of Oz E Rodders Rod and Kustom Club.
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

Mr Cool wrote:
Carps wrote:
Actually you're right carps, It is proven that sydney weather is actually worse than melbourne weather. if you look at the statistics, it rains more days in sydney, its average temp is colder and of course we all know the best thing to come out of sydney....... the Hume highway back to melbourne. :lol:
[/quote]

From where I'm sitting right now, the Harbour bridge on my left, Opera house on the right, sparkling water as the ferries and boats move around...nah...keep Melbourne and its...well...er...um.....Oh YEAH...Federation Square.... :lol:
SeanHammond

Post by SeanHammond »

Pep wrote:...nah...keep Melbourne and its...well...er...um.....Oh YEAH...Federation Square.... :lol:
That giant mechano set gone wrong? Pep, from i am sitting, the sun is out, not a cloud to be seen all the way over the macedon ranges. When i've been to sydney, nearly all the times it has been pissing down. Face it Pep, your weather sucks :lol: :P
Pep
Old Hand

Post by Pep »

SeanHammond wrote:
Pep wrote:...nah...keep Melbourne and its...well...er...um.....Oh YEAH...Federation Square.... :lol:
That giant mechano set gone wrong? Pep, from i am sitting, the sun is out, not a cloud to be seen all the way over the macedon ranges. When i've been to sydney, nearly all the times it has been pissing down. Face it Pep, your weather sucks :lol: :P

Well not today...yeah its cold but it will be all day...When I'm in Melbourne I know its likely it will be 3 seasons in one day...hard to dress for that. I recall being there in November a few years back..Started out nice and fine, by lunch I was looking around to buy a jacket, by the afternoon it was pissin down and freezin. I can honestly say, the coldest I've ever been was in Melbourne in June....1 degree standing out front of Hosies Hotel at 8 a.m.( many years back...don't know if its still there)...Drove to Marybanong or something like that...lunch time it was snowing!...Nah...won't convince me Melbournes weather is better... :lol:
Brootal
Old Hand

Post by Brootal »

We'll see who's laughing when I get up tomorrow morning, drive 2 mins down the road, unload the plank and go for a surf at any number of great beaches.

That's the thing that swung my wife and I towards Sydney over Melbourne. I reckon Melbourne is a great place too and I could definitely live there, but for all its faults, Sydney really is a beautiful place.

As you all well know, I'm originally from Perth, so compared to "back home", Sydney AND Melbourne weather SUCK! :)

Now getting back to THE POINT!!! Who's heading to the show and where shall we meet?

I suggest the Meguiar's stand around noon.

Brett.C
Old Hand

Post by Brett.C »

carps wrote:I was there today, and who's that smart mouthed sheila on the wirless who was crapping on about it being a Melbourne Kinda day today? Hasn't been that cold, wet and miserable in Melbourne during my lifetime. Sydney weather sucks.
There must be something in the water supply down in Melbourne that causes the inhabitants of that fine city to suffer from mass delusions about the weather. Maybe the Victorian government has been puttin somethin in the water supply to prevent the place from depopulating due to people rushing north in search of some sunshine ( and only a cruel ironist could name a suburb built on a bleak, windswept, dreary plain, ìSunshineî).

I can speak with some authority on this subject because up until the age of 25 I was a Melbournian myself ( I grew up near ìSunshineî) and I too suffered from similar delusions. It wasnít until I moved to NSW and enjoyed my first glorious winter in Newcastle that such delusions ceased.

Face it fellas. The further north you go the more roadster weather youíre gonna get and I'll be headin futher north next 8)

Post by Guest »

Pep wrote:When I'm in Melbourne I know its likely it will be 3 seasons in one day...hard to dress for that. [/b]
So you knwowhat the weater is like but can't figure out how to dress for it. I never have that problem in Sydney, always take a raincoat and shield to protect me from the hail.
I recall being there in November a few years back..Started out nice and fine, by lunch I was looking around to buy a jacket, by the afternoon it was pissin down and freezin.
November is Spring, a fact of life in most parts of the world is that this season produces the greatest rainfall mixed with plenty of sunshine. that's what makes spring spring. water and sunshine is what makes the plants grow, plants growing is what makes the animal life happy enough that they get together to procreate.
I can honestly say, the coldest I've ever been was in Melbourne in June....1 degree standing out front of Hosies Hotel at 8 a.m.( many years back...don't know if its still there)...Drove to Marybanong or something like that...lunch time it was snowing!...Nah...won't convince me Melbournes weather is better... :lol:
June is mid winter, we all expect it to be cold in the middle of winter no matter where we live. In my lifetime I've never know it to snow in the city or Maribynong, there's been icy sleet that some have said was snow, but it wasn't snow. However, up in the hills where I live we do get snow and we also get lots of tourists when that happens, and they all get out and play in it. So i figure it can't be too bad.

A couple of years back I was sitting in my tenth floor hotel room when the widows were shattered by hail as big as cricket balls. As I drive around Sydney today I notice they are still repairing the damage from that one. Or is it the damage from a later bout of bad weather? On the other hand, I've never had to replace the roof, walls and or windows in my house just because we had a bit of bad weather. We've never had the car dealers selling cheap hail damaged cars, which is an annual occirange in Sydney.... and Brisbane. And in all the years I've lived in Melbourne I've only once ever seen flooding that stopped traffic from moving, something i can't say for Sin City.

Fact is Melbourne has some of the mildest and best weather not just in Australia, but the entire world. 8) 8) :lol:
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Hmmmm, Saturday morning, we're bathed in glorious sunshine and not a cloud in the sky.

Weather report on TV sez pissing rain in Prth AND Sydney doesn't sound too good either.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.