Jim Read's Parramatta Spares F.E.D.

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
hemipickup

Re: Jim Read's Parramatta Spares F.E.D.

Post by hemipickup »

I AM GOING OVER FOR IT, HAVE ALREADY ORGANISED SOME ACCOMODATION WITH A MATE OF MINE, SHOULD BE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND! I WENT THERE QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO FOR THE NOSTALGIA DRAGS, BUT IT WAS WASHED OUT, BUT THAT DID NOT DAMPEN THE ATMOSPHERE, GOT VERY WET ON THE INSIDE UP IN THE BAR AT EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY.
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

Hi Kym,
YES Walton is coming and with some luck will have his ass in a cackel car on saturday, NAB bank over here have a stand-in competition for the footy final, maybe you can get them to change it for a stand-in bestman LOL
HEMIPICKUP , Make sure you make contact with over that w/end I was also at eastern creek on that rain out week end and yes we all had a few at the bar uptop LOL, message me your contact detail and I will have Steve put you on the contact list so you will receive info.

JUST AN UPDATE FROM STEVE

Hi all
Well we are just over a few months away till the event.

I hope that you all have received your information via e-mail on the Press Release, the Cruzin advert and the explanation letter on how the awards and the event came about.

It seems that we have really opened up a can of worms with this event, as I have spoken to people from Modified Bike right up to Top Fuel and everything in between. People have even commented that they were told that I was about to call (after there number was obtained by FBI type means....).

So, I have just over a hundred past racers on the data base that I have contacted so far....BUT, a hundred didn't make our sport what it is today. I know that we are all busy trying to get through life....BUT, can you take the time to think of an ex-racer or three that you know that SHOULD be contacted about this event. It may be in your teledex (believe it or not, Honeybrook still uses them....) or it may be written on the wall beside the phone......you may even be in this current century and have it in your phone....BUT, just send me there name and phone number and I will contact them. I haven't got the time to chase a contact up, as that is all that I would be doing all day (and I have been trying to find Terry Gaynon for myself and that has taken hours of searching to no avail yet) but by each of us just supply up to three (hey, more if you can) that alone will be over 150 that I have to call....AND I WILL!

I just cant get over the reaction from the people that I have called, A-obviously they didn't know about the event, B- they hadn't been near a race track for XX years, and C- they were just tickled that somebody has rang and asked them. I think I am batting about 90+% on attendances.

Several things and interesting tid bits are starting to take shape, at which roughly every two weeks from now we will send an e-mail notifying everybody of what has been stitched up for the event, and a few esteemed racers from the past that have honoured us with there presence (a few already have but we are sitting on that for the moment...).

The track have been sensational, keeping in touch so they supply the right sized marquee for the night (which is another reason we need names and numbers well before the event) and organising to have ALL the Trade Stands (and food...more later0 open during the night as well as re-routing the cruise road past the marquee so the atmosphere is 'just right' for the evening.

Anyway, a lot more will be revealed as the event draws nearer, BUT, please take the time to try and locate a few of OUR ex-racers and fans and let me know.

Thanks VERY much, appreciate it, Steve Turner....

--
Thanks,
Steve Turner.
Web sites;
NitroFED.com
ECMB.biz
ANFA.com.au
will receive in
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

Regulars on this thread will know that the reuinion is getting close

Lets see if Ozrodder can help.
here are some people we would like to contact , your help is needed to make this a great weekend

Graham Ormond
Terry Gaynon
Phil McRae
Kevin Birch
Bill Fuller
Paul Foly
Mark Georgette
Hans Klemme
Bruce Lynch
Phil Reilly
Brian Hutchinson
Mal Webster
Terry Edwards
Bob Phillips
Bill Barclay
Darryle Foulds
Barry Farrari
Graham Rose
Max DeJersy
slightlydangerous
Location: The Dusty Adelaide Plains Home of the Mighty Crows & A Slightly Dangerous Dragster

Post by slightlydangerous »

i gather thats Brian Hutchesson from OUTLAW your after ... he dropped into O.G Speed shop a few mths back and had a good chat with Lenny .

Lenny told him about the Enderle injection i have , he confirmed it was the Outlaws by some distinctive markings and who i bought it from

Lenny said he was very interested and i should contact him , i did via email and have not heard back .

i dont know him and have never personally met him but try this link

Phil is on ozrodders so someone will chase him up :wink:

http://www.quandongapartments.com/contact.html
I live life in the fast lane but my hair just couldn't keep up!!

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk, I go to parties
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

Hi all
This is the latest press release
if anyone needs more info on this ,just message me with you contact details

Media release No.2:

Subject: Nostalgia Never Goes Out Of Style!
The Australian Nostalgia Fuel Association will hold its second annual ANFA awards event on the weekend of November 17th/18th at Sydney Dragway.

This is the same weekend as the hugely popular Rocket open day, just two minutes from Sydney Dragway in Huntingwood, held on the 17th.

Last year's inaugural event, which saw many former drag racing legends make an appearance at the event, has grown exponentially, says the ANFA's spokesman Chris Preen.

"Last year we had the pleasure and privilege of having legends such as Eddie 'Big Daddy' Thomas, Graeme and Wendy Cowin and Peter and Brian Keegan accept their Pioneer Awards for services to the sport.

This year, winners of the Pioneer Award are Warren and Freddie Armour, Graham Hussey, John English, Joe Gatt, Jim and Nelma Reed and Dennis Syrmis.

photos by Steve Thomas

'Gentleman' Jim and his wife, Nelma Reed will have their AA/Altered on display and it is expected it will take part in the cackle demonstration.

This car has recently been restored by the Reeds following their success in locating the rolling chassis and body in Sydney. It is fair to say it now resides in all its former and functioning glory.

Planned to specifically dovetail with the Rocket open day the 2012 ANFA event will start at around 3pm with a barbeque prior to the awards presentation, followed by a 'cackle' demonstration by some nostalgia – and new – fuel cars.

On Sunday, Sydney Dragway will play host to the annual Cruzin Magazine nostalgia drag racing event and combined hot rod, muscle car and street machine display in the pit area.

For more information about this not-to-missed-event go to ANFA.com.au
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

Hi again
just keep you all updated on the ANFA pioneer award get together ,below is a list of people that have confirmed that they are coming, so if any of these were friends,hero's,racer, crew, and you would like to meet them and chat about the old times when we all had fun at the drags,you still have time to make the arrangments to come along .
This is not just a local track get together,this is an Australia wide with people coming from evey state.
message me if you need any HELP or email, northernsuspension@yahoo.com.au

Gary

Confirmed attendees at the ANFA Pioneer Awards for 2012.

Warren Armour Freddy Armour Graham Hussey Jim Reed
Nelma Reed John English Joe Gatt Sue Syrmis
Bob Dunn Ross Mellish Jim Walton Elaine Walton
Graeme Cowin Morry Carlton Benny Gatt Maureen Dunn
Chuck May John Winterburn Phil Taylor Doug Anderson
Les Winter Peter Peirano Greg Schultz Ross Preen
Dave Armstrong Shane Olive Norm Longfield Peter Byrne
Jude Preen Steve Brown Chris Preen Richard Botica
Vince Della Cioppa Mandy Brown Sharon Ward John Somorascz
Denis Walford Dennis Lyon Fred Dudek Tracey Fletcher
Tracey Talbot Gary Laird Wendy Cowin Geoff Hollingsworth
Dave Hawke Corinne Falzon Charlie Falzon Richard English
John Ward Neville Sunderland Barry Reilly George Peel
Ashley Hayley Skip Hayley Ian Cameron (double up)
Gary Ellis Niki Ellis Janine (Pound) Hannan Dave Hamilton
Paul Rogers The Pom Michael O'Hara Lee Davis
Kathy Davis Doug Mill Peter Keegan Phil Reilly
Bob Honeybrook Carolyn Honeybrook Bill Johnson Robbie Madden
Gayle Madden Darren Morgan Brett Ehmer Jim Wilton
Andrew Cowin John Richards Karen Apps Elsje (Elsha) Wilton
Jim Burbidge Grant Walford Dave Millington Marc Marcollini
Barbara Marcollini Barry Whitford Warren Goodall Sue Goodall
Bob Marsh Heather Peirano Ken Johnson Neville Hawke
Warren Parker Trevor Aubert Ken Smith Ed Stipanovich
Mark Firkin Bernie Ellis Bill Woods Julie Woods
Paul Stephen Dearne Stephen Darryl Stephen Sue Stephen
Stuart Watson Steve Randall Peter Clarke Geoff Orrell
Steve Thomas Vic Meli (printing space) Phil Tucker
Russell Parker Geoff Walker Jim Fife Fred Perrotto
Luke Harris Kayleen Perrotto Jeff Hislop Larry Etcell
Brian Hines John Cornish Gwenn McIntosh Dale Gatt
Paul Gatt Warren Gatt Jeff Gatt Dennis Gatt
PLUS 14 other Gatts
ALTERED

Post by ALTERED »

There are now over 140 people confirmed
geofforrell

Post by geofforrell »

Here's a few of the Pioneer Award racers from both 2011 and 2012:
Graham Hussey, Hussey Bros Top Fuel Dragster (Keith Burgin pic) 2012 Nominee.
Joe Gatt/ Gatt Bros. 2012 Nominee.
John English.2012 Nominee. Carps picture.
Graeme and Wendy Cowin 2011 Nominees (Mitchell pic)
JIm and Nelma Reed 2012nominee.
Dennis Syrmis "Time Machine" blown FJ Holden 2012 Nominee.
Peter Keegan blown VW 2011 Nominee.
Graeme and Wendy Cowin.
Last edited by geofforrell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
geofforrell

Post by geofforrell »

Warren Armour blown Chev dragster 2012 nominee.
Warren Armour C/MP Holden.
Warren Armour Choptop FJ Holden.
Dennis Syrmis "Time Machine" Corolla.
Brian Keegan "Keegans Kustom" Holden. 2011 Nominee.
Jim Reed early Y block dragster Surfers 1966 Dragfest.
Graham Hussey with sunglasses working on Hussey Bros fueler. Alan Hussey closer to rear slick.
Eddie Thomas pioneer Top Fuel dragster driver. 2011 nominee.
smee

Post by smee »

Pic from CHRR last week in Bakersfield. Jimmy Walton in Lil Nate's Fuel altered with Crew Chief Vic Wood [originally from Whyalla] on right and myself [Phil Reilly] on left. See you all at the reunion in Sydney next month.
geofforrell

Post by geofforrell »

Does anyone know Jim Walton's date of birth? Jim and Elaine are still in the states and I need his DOB to book plane tickets for the Pioneer Awards in November.

Cheers,

GeoffO
smee

Post by smee »

He's with Greg and Peter Leahy over there. You may be able to contact him through them via their business's here.
geofforrell

Post by geofforrell »

Thanks Phil,

Jimmy just happened to ring Peter Clarke a little while ago and we got the DOB. All three of us are heading up together, it promises to be a great weekend.

Cheers,
GeoffO
Bob Honeybrook

Post by Bob Honeybrook »

Bring Bourbon!!!!! Jim Beam. :D :D :D :D
geofforrell

Post by geofforrell »

Bob,

We're older and wiser now, so we should avoid the mistakes of the past.....................afterall, we did run out at Oran Park!!!!!!