Old Rod Photos - Tasmania

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
King Willy

Re: Old Rod Photos - Tasmania

Post by King Willy »

G'day Grant, good to hear from you. Also good to hear that you are still dabbling with cars! Will you have the spinner done in time for the Nats down there? Is the 33 still the same or has she had a rebuild? I'd imagine that you would have quite a few pics you could add to this thread?

Cheers
Andrew
yblock32

Post by yblock32 »

Tassie Devil wrote:
Cool 32 wrote:
King Willy wrote:Hey Fliptop, that's great hanging onto that car all that time.

Here is tonights installment, into 1993.

Ned's 46 Coupe, all glass body. Commodore front and rear bumpers, flip front, healthy Clevo etc. Nov 93.
I saw this 46 in a car holding yard at Arncliffe in Sydney back in the 90's with Tassie plates, I couldn't get in to see it properly but the Commodore front bumper made it stand out and different. Had never seen it before or since.

This car had a colour change before Ned sold it, he painted it red ('cause red cars go faster).
He took it to the 1999 Geelong Nationals. His son was cruising around the track in it when he ran up the back of another Rod.
It wasn't long after this incident that Ned sold it!

Here are a few more photos of it, I'll have to see if I have any of it when it was red!

I know I'm dragging up an old post and I don't know if it's been mentioned or not , but I believe this coupe has been in Shepparton for many years. I haven't personally seen it for a long time and then it was only a couple quick glances as it drove by.A local instrument repairer owns a red glass '46 coupe . I have spoken to him briefly about it and he mentioned that it had a Cleveland and hadn't been on the road for quite awhile. Something about the motor being sad? It's got to be the same car.
Cranksters Rod and Kustom Club Vic.
tub1935

Post by tub1935 »

good to see this thread up again come on some one must have some more tas pics if I wasn't so computer challenged id post a few more
King Willy

Post by King Willy »

Yeah Scott, I have more still but PB is so frustrating to work out that I can't be bothered.
slightlydangerous
Location: The Dusty Adelaide Plains Home of the Mighty Crows & A Slightly Dangerous Dragster

Post by slightlydangerous »

This may be a better place to post this pic

I bought an Old rod magazine and stapled to a page on Andy Morris was this pic

I live life in the fast lane but my hair just couldn't keep up!!

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk, I go to parties
Tassie Devil

Post by Tassie Devil »

King Willy wrote:Hey Adam, I had your Dad's "other" car, Nick's old blue MOPAR, as one of my wedding cars. Grant drove it down to Devonport, we had Stevo's 34 Ford for the other car.

Cheers
Andrew
Stevo's '34 now lives in Westbury and is owned by Sandra Casey (partner of Steve Richmond).
In fact it was at the Rock & Rodz car show at Longford today.
Yours in Rodding

Linnie
Editor of the Tassie Devil Hot Rod Newsletter

[img]http://www.ozerodders.com/images/oer-member.gif[/img]

Always having a Devil of a Time!
tub1935

Post by tub1935 »

hi there devil were you been dear lady was going to Longford my self to day but work grr