'37 Chrysler Royal-shed find

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Andyd

Re: '37 Chrysler Royal-shed find

Post by Andyd »

Spanners, its a C16 Chrylser Royal, 116" wheelbase in US form but as the Oz ones were based on the Plymouth/Dodge chassis of either 112/115" wheelbase it could be either of them and if oz built which it is in all probability then Plymouth/Dodge panels should fit ........check the engine side of firewall above the passenger seat, it should have a "TJR" pressing to indicate TJ Richards the body builders in Adelaide, also their should be a 1x3" metal plate screwed to the horizontal top of the firewall with the body number and some letters/numbers stamped into the firewall sheetmetal to show the exact series, ie, C16 then the body shell number, this will tell exactly what it is..........as for rarity the yrs 37/38 were when the economy started to come out of the depression and consequently there are more 37/38 mopars (and other makes also) around.........there are a couple of 37/38 Royals here in the Clarence valley, both in need of a resto/rodding. The Chrysler Restorers Club of Aust based in Sydney has 3 C16's in its register for 2012, plus a couple of imperials and a few dozen Plymouth/Dodge & DeSoto's........btw the mopar food chain is as follows......Plymouth,Dodge,DeSoto,Chrysler, Imperial and Crown Imperial.......the best person to speak to about the 37/38 Chryslers is Sydneys Les Sonter, he has a 1938 C20 Imperial Limo, was featured in Restored Cars # 199, Mar/Apr 2010..........Les is a long time mate, email me direct if you want to speak to him.........also most body rubber/seals etc are available now but there are very few if any repo parts, also check the condition of the tailights as crap rodders use them on their shitboxes and are rare and expensive..........as far as a price, what has been said before here is pretty right, its not a very popular nor common car so offer accordingly............regards, andyd
rowie
Old Hand

Post by rowie »

She's a rare old girl that's for sure, would love to see her brought back to life!
"Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.. Please use the back door."

Chrysler Restorers Club of Australia
I actually drive my 1936 Dodge Resto-rod :)
Bacca

Post by Bacca »

Thought that was the one not that far from me but when I looked again this one is a 38, not a 37

Wouldn't mind this one
1930 Chev Tourer & my others here
http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34879&start=0
Bodgy Bros. If we can't fix it no one else will once we have a go!
TJ

Post by TJ »

Hey bacca that the one with the 64 chev in the yard as well as a few old trucks??
TJ

http://www.kikrshotrods.piczo.com
Bacca

Post by Bacca »

Don't remember those but may have another look if we are early enough going through that town Sunday
1930 Chev Tourer & my others here
http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34879&start=0
Bodgy Bros. If we can't fix it no one else will once we have a go!
allstyle bakers

Post by allstyle bakers »

I have a bonnet to suit the 37 Royal here if you need a spare with hinges and chrome i have had it for a long time but i cant get myself to scrap it as someone will need one some day. Regards Gerald
David.Marriott

Post by David.Marriott »

Hi Dave here i have a rare 1937 Chrysler Imperial King of the road , it was saved from being crushed i didnt know how rare it was at the time and have rodded it but at least it has been saved , in a different form, Dave from Western Australia.