Revised Forum Rules April 2013!

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Dave
Old Hand

Revised Forum Rules April 2013!

Post by Dave »

The forum has continued to grow and with it there have been a number of 'issues. therefore we have had to make further changes to keep up so please read and understand all the below information and revised rules.

When you join this forum you agree to abide by these rules so please do not complain if your posts are removed for not complying! We also have some bandwidth issues that need to be addressed and some of the rules also reflect that issue. These rules are reviewed regularly at our discretion.

Number 1. This Forum is for HOTRODS and CUSTOMS. This Forum deems a Hotrod to be the same as the ASRF classification, that is a Pre 1948 full chassis car that has been modified. As far as this forum is concerned a STREETROD is just a politically correct name for a HOTROD and we do NOT differentiate between the 2, they are the same thing. Our preference is for the term Hotrod but feel free to use whichever term you like. A full reproduction or partial reproduction replica Hotrod will be treated as if it was a Pre '48 vehicle regardless of whether it has a fibreglass or steel body.

As far as Customs (or Kustoms) go we accept the Pre '65 ASRF classification but we also INCLUDE vehicles up to 1971 of U.S. or Australian origin. To define that further we accept only HG and prior Holdens, XY and prior Falcons and VG and prior Valiants. or other vehicles of interest at OUR discretion, which includes the occasional VW, Chopper, Bobber etc. We do NOT cater for later model (72 onward) cars except in very are rare circumstances at our discretion.

Number 2 Any post that does not relate in some way to our hobby (based on the above definitions) will be deleted and no discussion will be entered into. Old posts will continue to be reviewed and this rule applied! The 'For Sale', 'Wanted' and Ebay sections have similar rules. Please read the rules in that section before posting!

Number 3 Ozrodders is a Privately owned PUBLIC Forum and apart from certain areas such as the Oz-E-Rodders Club area, Classifieds, etc. the rest can be viewed and read by anyone, anywhere in the world. Only members can post or reply but anyone can read what you are saying. You must therefore keep your comments fair and reasonable and NO derogatory personal references are to be made about any other named or otherwise identified parties (such as by the car they drive) unless it is appropriate to the discussion.

Each person is responsible for their own posts and I (and the other moderators) should not have to edit any post. Basically if you would not say it to your mother, then do not say it here! If you make a mistake, spelling error or similar you have 24 hours in which to edit the post. After 24 hours this feature is 'locked out' and you cannot edit or remove the post. Any posts you make become public information and after 24 hours cannot be removed except by admin or mods. If a post needs to be removed for any reason you will need to contact me.

Number 4 Any language should be 'reasonable' and must be in CONTEXT anywhere on this site. Some words should not be used under any circumstances so please use your common sense and DO NOT use foul language. Repeated foul language or personal abuse WILL result in temporary or permanent removal from this forum. If you are 'Quoting' another person's post you may quote selected portions, BUT, it MUST be quoted verbatim (exactly word for word). You MUST NOT change or alter the wording in any way, nor rearrange the words. Any deliberate 'Misquoting' will be removed and if continued may see you removed from the forum.

Number 5. There are to be NO pictures in signatures with the exception of Oz-E-Rodders members who may display a small approved club logo. Avatar pictures are to be no wider than 150 pixels and must NOT have any offensive content. Any signature pictures or overwidth avatar pictures will be removed without notice.

Number 6. Every forum member is entitled to their own opinion, BUT you must respect that freedom of speech is NOT absolute and content of a racial, violent, sexual or abusive nature will NOT be tolerated. Pictures of a similar nature are also not allowed and full frontal nudity is banned outright. Any personal disagreements between people should be kept OFF the forum and the PM system used to 'sort it out' in a reasonable manner if need be. The PM system is NOT to be used for personal abuse

Number 7. The Owners, Administrators and Moderators have the final say and whilst we are always happy to listen to constructive suggestions we will NOT enter into arguments about the rules or our interpretations of them. This site is NOT a democracy and whilst views will be listened to the Forum owners will always have the final say. Moderator abuse will see you instantly removed from the forum.

Number 8. The same as rule 1, this Forum is for HOTRODS and CUSTOMS. Please keep any posts relevant and lets get back to what we are about. Please remember the major rule change in that we no longer allow 'off topic' posting.
Dave Petrusma
low n loud

Re: Revised Forum Rules April 2013!

Post by low n loud »

Bravo! :D
LEAD IS FOR PENCILS
Chris5.7ltr

Post by Chris5.7ltr »

low n loud wrote:Bravo! :D
x2!!
1934 Reo pick up build thread
32 Chassis waiting for it's turn
64' Chev BelAir (true daily)
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

For me it has been refreshing going over the rules again :mrgreen:

I am keen to see how your new changes and forum refinements transpire 8)

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

Lets hope they achieve the desired results. :)
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
bucketmouth

Post by bucketmouth »

Thanks for that Dave that is one of the best things I've read on any forum for awhile. I hope it works for the better.
I also liked "streetrod" is a politically correct name for hotrod I've never heard it said that way before,I think I like it :)
Cheers
spark

Post by spark »

yep, good move all around 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

...Along with the closing, and now total demolition of "The Pub". And rightly so!
Haven't been in there for a while, and every time I did, there was a fight going on! :roll:

Thanks Dave. You and The Team have done us all a good turn.
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
Dollys Boyfriend

Post by Dollys Boyfriend »

now we just need to get mr carps back :cry:
dolly is a sweetie
rog
Old Hand

Post by rog »

Dollys Boyfriend wrote:now we just need to get mr carps back :cry:
We just need to get Mrs Carps on side, Surely she's sick of him being underfoot by now!
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

rog wrote:
Dollys Boyfriend wrote:now we just need to get mr carps back :cry:
We just need to get Mrs Carps on side, Surely she's sick of him being underfoot by now!
Excellent point rog - I will include this in my strategy for the Open Day :wink:
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
Theyeti
Old Hand

Post by Theyeti »

Only problem I see with removing the pub is we loose inks like the shit box rally build and crap like the anong thread ends up in the rod and custom section and as such is there for all time

I know that crap is there since the HRI days but personaly I thought it was unentertaining drivel back then and it isnt entertaining now

This place is better than that imho
Last edited by Theyeti on Sat May 11, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariahs C.C.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong
Kiwipaul
Old Hand

Post by Kiwipaul »

I miss it but if it had problems will so be it.
I have a 1942 Jail Bar Pick Up Being done (Two more years ) and a 1930-34 Continental ( In Storage)
spoggie

Post by spoggie »

How about shifting Syd Heylen to history section & re- opening it? Seeing a thread on the early TQ scene would light a few wicks.